'Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection' comes to Blu-ray

Tools    

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection has been announced for Blu-ray release.

The box set contains 14 digitally restored movies from the Master of Suspense, 13 appearing on the format for the first time.

Available from November 5 for a limited time, the box set contains over 15 hours of bonus features, including a newly-created documentary about The Birds.

The package also includes a 16-page hardback book and additional collectibles, including storyboards, costume sketches, correspondence, photographs, art cards and more.

It will be an '18' certificate and priced at £149.99.

Full details of the box set are as follows:

Saboteur (1942)
Bonus Features: Saboteur: A Closer Look, Storyboards: The Statue of Liberty Sequence, Alfred Hitchcock's Sketches, Production Photographs, Theatrical Trailer

Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
Bonus Features: Beyond Doubt: The Making of Hitchcock's Favourite Film, Production Drawings by Art, Director Robert Boyle, Production Photographs, Theatrical Trailer

Rope (1948)
Bonus Features: Rope Unleashed, Production Photographs, Theatrical Trailer

Rear Window (1954)
Bonus Features: Rear Window Ethics: An Original Documentary, A Conversation with Screenwriter John Michael Hayes, Pure Cinema: Through the Eyes of The Master, Breaking Barriers: The Sound of Hitchcock, Hitchcock-Truffaut Interview Excerpts, Masters of Cinema, Feature Commentary with John Fawell, author of Hitchcock's Rear Window: The Well-Made Film, Production Photographs, Theatrical Trailer, Re-Release Trailer Narrated By James Stewart, Blu-ray Exclusives: BD Live, Pocket Blu

The Trouble with Harry (1955)
Bonus Features: The Trouble with Harry Isn't Over, Production Photographs, Theatrical Trailer

The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
Bonus Features: The Making of The Man Who Knew Too Much, Production Photographs, Trailers

Vertigo (1958)
Bonus Features: Obsessed with Vertigo: New Life for Hitchcock's Masterpiece, Partners in Crime: Hitchcock's Collaborators, Hitchcock-Truffaut Interview Excerpts, Foreign Censorship Ending, The Vertigo Archives, Feature Commentary with Associate Producer Herbert Coleman, Restoration Team Robert A Harris and James C Katz, and Other Vertigo Participants, Feature Commentary with Director William Friedkin, 100 Years of Universal: The Lew Wasserman Era, Theatrical Trailer, Restoration Theatrical Trailer, BD Live, Pocket Blu (Blu-ray Exclusive)

Psycho (1960)
Bonus Features: The Making of Psycho, Psycho Sound, In The Master's Shadow: Hitchcock's Legacy, Hitchcock-Truffaut Interview Excerpts, Newsreel Footage: The Release of Psycho, The Shower Scene: With and Without Music, The Shower Scene: Storyboards by Saul Bass, The Psycho Archives, Posters and Psycho Ads, Lobby Cards, Behind-the-Scenes Photographs, Production Photographs, Theatrical Trailer, Re-release Trailers, Feature Commentary with Stephen Rebello (author of Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho)

The Birds (1963)
Bonus Features: Deleted Scene, Original Ending, The Birds: Hitchcock's Monster Movie - New! (Blu-ray Exclusive), All About The Birds, Storyboards, Tippi Hedren's Screen Test, Hitchcock-Truffaut, Interview Excerpts, The Birds Is Coming (Universal International Newsreel), Suspense Story: National, Press Club Hears Hitchcock (Universal International Newsreel), Production Photographs, 100 Years of Universal: Restoring the Classics. 100 Years of Universal: The Lot, Theatrical Trailer, BD Live, Pocket Blu (Blu-ray Exclusive)

Marnie (1964)
Bonus Features: The Trouble with Marnie, The Marnie Archives, Theatrical Trailer

Torn Curtain (1966)
Bonus Features: Torn Curtain Rising, Scenes Scored by Bernard Herrmann, Production Photographs, Theatrical Trailer

Topaz (1969)
Bonus Features: Alternate Endings, Topaz: An Appreciation by Film Historian and Critic Leonard Maltin, Storyboards: The Mendozas, Production Photographs, Theatrical Trailer

Frenzy (1972)
Bonus Features: The Story of Frenzy, Production Photographs, Theatrical Trailer

Family Plot (1976)
Bonus Features: Plotting Family Plot, Storyboards: The Chase Scene, Production Photographs, Theatrical Trailer
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...o-blu-ray.html

Whilst it looks good and I love Hitchcock I wont be buying this, £100 (that's what I've seen it for) is too expensive to me and it doesn't have some of his great films like North by Northwest, Notorious and Strangers on a Train.

Already have it on DVD, it's my favorite set in my collection.

I was considering buying the DVD one for a Long time but I already own six of these films. The packaging looks stunning though

^ I've heard that set has some been having some problems - some transfers are not up to scratch for example. For £100 upgraded to blu-ray, you would expect them to take care and do it incredibly right. They have delayed the American box set release to fix mistakes apparently.

I've got 12 of the 14 films on DVD, still can't decide if I'm going to get this or not.

Being a Hitch fan, I have all his movies on Dvd. I do have a Sony Blueray player but very few blueray dvd's. My player is very expensive and the picture very high HD quality = 1080 pixels, so I'm quite happy watching it on my 62" Samsung Plazma.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I own Rear Window, Psycho, Notorious, North by Northwest and The Birds. I'd like to get Vertigo, and then possibly Strangers on a Train, To Catch a Thief. After that, not so sure.