Follywood - Domestic Disturbance, Life as a House, Monsters Inc. and the One

Tools    

This is Follywood. Those are the films up for auction this week. But first last week's scores must be totted up...

K-PAX - $17m - spdrcr
13 Ghosts - $15m - TWTCommish
From Hell - $6m - TWTCommish
Riding in Cars with Boys - $6m - Sunfrog
Bandits - $5m - TWTCommish
Last Castle - $3m - spdrcr
Corky Romano - $2m - spdrcr

sunfrog had $29.5m, spent $0m and earned $6m leaving him with $35.5m.

TWTCommish had $28m, spent $13m and earned $26m leaving him with $41m.

spdrcr had $27m, spent $5m and earned $22m leaving him with $44m

bigvalbowski had $20m, spent $3m and earned $0 leaving him with $17m.

Current Standings:

1. spdrcr - $44m
2. TWTCommish - $41m
3. sunfrog - $35.5m
4. bigvalbowski - $17m

Any new players start on $20m.

Up for auction this week.

<b>Domestic Disturbance<b>

MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for violence, brief sexuality and language)
Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Cast: John Travolta, Vince Vaughn, Teri Polo, Steve Buscemi, Susan Floyd, Matthew O'Leary, Ruben Santiago-Hudson
Director: Harold Becker
Premise: This story "revolves around a divorced father (Travolta) who discovers that his 11-year-old son's new stepfather (Vaughn) is not what he made himself out to be. Travolta's character sets out on a mission to rescue his son from a life-threatening situation." (Teri Polo plays the mother of the child stuck in the middle of these two men.)

<b>Life as a House<b>

MPAA Rating: R (for language, sexuality and drug use)
Distributor: New Line Cinema (picked up out of turnaround from Columbia Pictures)
Cast: Kevin Kline, Kristin Scott Thomas, Hayden Christensen, Jena Malone, Sam Robards,
Mary Steenburgen, Scotty Leavenworth, Barry Primus, Ian Somerhalder, Mike Weinberg, Margo Winkler
Who's Hayden Christensen?: He's the young actor who landed the much-sought role of Anakin in Star Wars: Episode II.
Director: Irwin Winkler
Premise: This is the story of a man (Kline) who learns that he is dying, so he starts work on his dream of building his own house, enlisting the help of his ex-wife (Thomas) and estranged son (Christensen). The construction of the perfect house becomes a metaphor for the reparation of a broken life, as suggested by the title.

<b>Monsters Inc.<b>

MPAA Rating: G (all ages admitted)
Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Cast (Voices): Billy Crystal (Mike Wzowski), John Goodman (James P. Sullivan), Steve Buscemi (Randall Boggs), James Coburn (Henry J. Waternoose), Mary Gibbs (Boo), Bonnie Hunt, Jennifer Tilly (Celia)
Directors: Peter Docter, David Silverman
Premise: "Monsters, Incorporated is the largest scare factory in the monster world and James P. Sullivan (Goodman) is one of its top Scarers. Sullivan is a huge, intimidating monster with blue fur, large purple spots, and horns. His Scare Assistant, best friend and roommate is Mike Wzowski (Crystal), a green, opinionated, feisty little one-eyed monster. The cast of characters also includes the factory's CEO, a crablike monster named Henry J. Waternoose (Coburn) and the snake-headed, beguiling receptionist Celia (Tilly). One of the top Scarers is a sarcastic chameleon monster named Randall Boggs (Buscemi). Visiting from the human world is Boo (Gibbs), a tiny girl who goes where no human has ever gone before."

<b>The One<b>

MPAA Rating: PG-13
Distributor: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Production Company: Revolution Studios (Joe Roth)
Cast: Jet Li (Gabriel Yu Law), Carla Gugino (T.K.), Delroy Lindo (Roedecker), Jason Statham (Funsch), Mark Borchardt (cameo);
Directors: James Wong
Premise: It's about a man from a parallel universe who finds that, as he goes through other universes and kills [the other universe's equivalent of] himself, he becomes stronger. He's coming into our universe to kind of kill himself. Of course, the guy in our universe has no idea what's going on."

I hope the bold works.

Auction open. It closes 24 hours from this post.

I guess it didn't work.

That's Domestic Disturbance by the way. Not omestic Disturbance.

My bids:

Monsters Inc. - $10m
The One - $8m
Domestic Disturbance - $5m
Life as a House - $3m

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Monsters Inc. - 25 mil
The One - 15 mil
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Time Up.

Finally, a good battle but TWTCommish wins out and surely will make millions on Monsters Inc. but it didn't come cheap.

Monsters Inc. - $28m - TWTCommish
The One - $15m - spdrcr
Domestic Disturbance - $5m - bigvalbowski

If anyone wants Life as a House, it's still up for auction. That means Sunfrog really, because he seems to be the only other player. I think it could make some money what with Anakin Skywalker playing a part. And it did great box office last week in limited screens.

Well, how can we get more people involved with this. This is actually fun. TWT, where will this be located on the other site?

Well, for now, it'll just stay as a forums-only game...but once the new site is up and running (somewhat) smoothly, I'll start to look into the technical aspects and logic of turning it into an automated game that registered members can play...of course, this being BigVal's game, I've asked for his blessing, and, if he wants, he can sort of oversee the game in some capacity...write weekly updates on the leaders, or some other such thing, if he wishes.

Shush up. Ok, I've heard enough out of you. I think I might have lost more than I gained. The One, doesn't look like it did much good this weekend.

I had what like 44, and you had 41....ARGH...I was doing soooo good too. Hmmm, I'll just have to wait for a good movie to come out.