Wanna go to FOLLYWOOD? 23/10/01

Tools    

What the competing movies earned this week...

From Hell - $11m - TWTCommish
Riding in Cars with Boys - $11m - Sunfrog
Bandits - $8m - TWTCommish
Last Castle - $7m - spdrcr
Corky Romano - $5m - spdrcr
Iron Monkey - $3m - TWTCommish

spdrcr had $25m, spent $10m and earned $12m (7+5) leaving him with a total of $27m.

TWTCommish had $23m, spent $17m (ouch), earned $22m (11+8+3) leaving him with a total of $28m.

Sunfrog had $20m, spent $1.5m and earned $11m leaving him with a total of $29.5m

THE TABLE

Sunfrog ..... $29.5m
TWTCommish .. $28m
spdrcr ...... $27m

Any new players have to start on $20m.

4 movies this week.

Bones

MPAA Rating: R (for violence, gore, language, sexuality and drugs)
Distributor: New Line Cinema
Cast: Snoop Doggy Dogg, Pam Grier, Michael T. Weiss, Sean Amsing, Ricky Harris, Khalil Khan, Bianca Lawson, Merwin Mondesir, Clifton Powell, Ronald Selmour
Director: Ernest Dickerson
Premise: Over 20 years after his death by gunshot in 1979, Jimmy Bones (Dogg) comes back as a ghost to wreak revenge on those who killed him and to clean up his neighborhood. (Pam Grier plays Bones' girlfriend who is now a clairvoyant).

K-PAX

MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for a sequence of violent images, and brief language and sensuality)
Distributor: Universal Pictures
Production Company: Lawrence Gordon Productions
Cast: Kevin Spacey ("prot"), Jeff Bridges (Dr. Gene Brewer), Alfre Woodard, Mary McCormack, Aaron Paul
Director: Iain Softley
Premise: "prot" (Spacey) is a mysterious new patient at a mental hospital who claims to come from a distant planet called K-PAX. As his psychiatrist, Dr. Gene Brewer (Bridges), tries to figure out exactly how to help him, the doctor gradually begins to realize the so-called alien is having a remarkable effect on the mental health of the hospital's other patients. Determined to prove the stranger is nothing more than a tragic victim of multiple-personality disorder, the doctor soon finds himself doubting his own diagnosis.

On the Line

MPAA Rating: PG (for some sexuality, language and crude humor)
Distributor: Miramax Films
Production Companies: A Happy Place (Lance Bass), Tapestry Films
Cast: Lance Bass (Kevin Gibbons), Emmanuelle Chriqui (Abbey), Joey Fatone (Rod), Dave Foley (Higgins), Jerry Stiller (Nathan), Kristin Booth (Sam), James Bulliard (Randy), Amanda Foreman (Julie), Al Green (cameo as himself), Tamala Jones (Jackie), Dan Montgomery, Jr. (Brady Francis), Gregory Qaiyum (Eric)
Director: Eric Bross
Premise: A young man (Bass) meets a girl (Chriqui) on a train, only to spend the rest of the movie trying to reunite with her (one of the love-at-first-sight things), aided by his best friend (Fatone) in a quest of posters and signs that soon gains public notice. Will he ever find his soulmate?

13 Ghosts

MPAA Rating: R (for horror violence/gore, nudity and some language)
Distributor: Warner Brothers
Cast: Shannon Elizabeth (Kathy), Tony Shalhoub (Arthur), F. Murray Abraham (Cyrus), Rah Digga (Maggie), Embeth Davidtz (Kalina), Matthew Lillard (Rafkin), J.R. Bourne (Ben Moss), Matthew Harrison (Damon), Alec Roberts (Bobby)
Director: Steve Beck
Premise: When Dr. Zorba dies, he leaves his house to his broke nephew (Shalhoub), who moves in with his daughter (Elizabeth). With the house come two unexpected pluses (or minuses): the house has 13 ghosts which can only be seen with a special pair of glasses, and there's a fortune hidden somewhere in the house... and someone wants it. (Why did Zorba have so many ghosts? He collected them!)

Rules are simple. Bid away for all four movies if you wish. In 24 hours, the shop will close and whoever's bid is highest will get the movie. The only technicality is if you have bidded highest on two movies then the second highest bidder of the least expensive movie will get that one. You can bid for all the movies but you can only keep one.

Auction open.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
K-PAX, 5 mil
13 Ghosts, 7 mil(just bidding more since its a halloween pic)
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

$10 million on "13 Ghosts." BTW, nice call Frogman: you really got a nice return on that Barrymore flick. I got burned...I expected "From Hell" to pay for itself in the first weekend. I'll be okay in the long run, but I could've done better. Oh well.

K-pax 6 mil
On the line 2 mil

Dang it! I always miss the clock!

13 Ghosts - $13m - TWTCommish
K-PAX - $5m - spdrcr

The deadline is extended for a day because there are two movies left up for auction.

DEADLINE = 1pm 25/10/01 Forum Clock

And by the way, I'm so enthusiastic about the turn out. Three players. Whoo-hoo. It would work so much better if there were more players. Because of that reason, I'm going to break the rules and allow myself to play.

sunfrog's bid for "on the line" - 2 mil still stands.

I'll bid for "on the line" - 3 mil
I'll bid for "bones" - 1 mil

13 Ghosts & K-PAX are no longer up for auction.

Bones and On the Line didn't have anyone bid for them so extra time is being played.