What is your find of the day!

Tools    

Hello my name is adam.now i'm very new to the forum and i have been collection dvds since 1999. I have had over a 1000 dvds and i love talking to people about their collections and am always interested in hearing about what people have found on daily trips out, flea markets, new/used shops...anywhere. Would love to hear from you all out there as well. Also i like to list how i found it and the company it came from. If you have any question feel free to ask.

Well to star this topic my most recent finds of the day:

John wayne 5 disc collection set (still sealed) republic/artisan

the juniper tree (used) rhino

across the great divide (used) sterling

the stand (used) republic/artisan

good burger (used) paramount

of mice and men (used) mgm

not a bad beginning to my week. Happy hunting!

Archangeloop

I'm very happy with my buy of The Notebook, see my collection topic for a photo of it, it's not the blu-ray edition as it's out of print I believe, so I went for the DVD edition of the same box set. It's a 'limited edition' with all sorts inside the box. Bargin because it was only about £8.

Photo here:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...d.php?p=896554

Unregistered User
yesterday i bought the following used films in a new shop opened up close to where i live. Its called CEX. Only problem being the world cinema dept isnt exactly stacked:-

1. The Devils Reject
2. Let the right one in
3. Withnail and I
4. Seven
5. Y tu mama tambien
6. Natural born killers
7. Almost famous

Only cost me £11 ($16). Pretty happy about that. I have already watched Let the right one in and seven but decent additions to my collection.

^ CEX are decent if you are lucky, they are all over here in Britain. We have a two floor one here and the entire second floor is used DVDs.

For blu-rays though you got to be careful with CEX because a lot of stuff they are selling, ones that are second hand too, you can still find cheaper new online from places like Amazon.

Here in the states some of the best places to find stuff are at stores called FYE, MOVIE STOP, and I find tons of my rare finds at flea markets, pawn shops, and just second hand stores. Little mom and pop shops have died out around here.

AdAM

Unregistered User
^ CEX are decent if you are lucky, they are all over here in Britain. We have a two floor one here and the entire second floor is used DVDs.

For blu-rays though you got to be careful with CEX because a lot of stuff they are selling, ones that are second hand too, you can still find cheaper new online from places like Amazon.
Cheers for the advice Nausicaa. Usually do my research online before buying anyway. Actually just purchased The Chaser for £2.00. One of my favourite Korean films.

^ Yeah it's always good to look. For example, today I went into one of my local supermarkets and bought a DVD tv box set brand new for £9, in CEX for the same box set second hand with ripped slipcover, £12. More expensive than the brand new one...

Nice buy with The Chaser! excellent film.

Give me all of your candy!
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
A Fistful of Dollars
For A Few Dollars More
Se7en
Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2
Argo
Dredd
Looper
Django Unchained
Life of Pi
The Watch

All under $40 at Hastings, cannot beat that deal.

Found a couple really nice pieces today while out flea marketing and new/used shopping...

Mystery science theater 3000: The essentials (rhino)

the sunshine boys (warner bros)

little women (warner bros 1949 edition)

salem's lot (warner bros)

pocahontas/pocahontas 2: Journey to a new world (disney)

hellraiser 3 (paramount)

not bad today for like 30$ not bad

HAD A DECENT DAY YESTERDAY AS WELL AS THIS PAST WEEKEND.

2x CURTAIN CALL (IMAGE Ent) SEALED.

YA'll should look that one up.

AdAm

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
For a miserly $1AUD I managed to pick up the wonderful film noir Notorious (1946) featuring Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant.

I saw on fb that there are some dvd sales this weekend. fatwallet.com, greenfrog.com and fullmoondirect.com, anyone know of more?

Series 1 of Veronica Mars, brand new box set for £9 from Amazon.com, it's now back up to about £25... I'm happy with that. The series doesn't seem to be available here in Britain for some reason on DVD.

Steven Spielberg, just because there will be soooooooooo many movies. party all night bitches

Found a couple decent ones the other day at the new/used store.

LADYBUGS 2$

Ladyhawke 2$

Invader Zim vol 2. 2$

Among the used ones I have picked up,Long Way Round is a mini-series I enjoyed.Two friends ride their motor bikes through several countries.Particularly interesting is their journey through Kazakhstan,Mongolia and Siberia.