Justified: City Primeval

Tools    

YES

FX Reviving ‘Justified’ Starring Timothy Olyphant for New Limited Series

Confirming last year’s reports of a possible revival, FX announced Friday a new show titled Justified: City Primeval.

The story is inspired by Elmore Leonard’s novel City Primeval: High Noon in Detroit.

You ready? You look ready.
This is just the kick in the pants I need to go back and finish watching Justified.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Oh man, yes, do that. It ends pretty well. And gets better as it goes (generally).

I've been looking for an excuse to either rewatch it, or rewatch some of it, and this should do the trick.

Encouraging thing, I think, is that this is actually based on another Leonard novel (apparently a pretty good one) and isn't just some showrunner extending things themselves.

Probably on the edges of my Top 5 favorite shows (maybe #6 or #7). Very thrilling, well acted, and consistent. I wasn't that crazy about the finale, but it managed to mostly wrap things up in a satisfying way.

Why haven't I heard of Justified before? I like Olyphant and that seems like a perfect role for him. Do I really need to start a binge?
I have a huge crush on Olyphant & most likely wouldn’t have seen this if he wasn’t in it. Good series. Not one of my top 10 by any means.

Why haven't I heard of Justified before? I like Olyphant and that seems like a perfect role for him. Do I really need to start a binge?
I dunno. It was on FX, it got some critical acclaim, but I don't think it was ever a smash hit exactly. Anyway, it's excellent. It's pretty episodic at first (but good even then), and gets more serialized as it goes. You're gonna love Walton Goggins, too.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Olyphant is just so cool in Justified and Boyd was the perfect foil. Characters, characters, characters. Great news!

You ready? You look ready.
I bought Justified on DVD and been steadily binge watching it the last couple days. I wrapped up the first quarter of season 2 last night, which is where I stopped watching when it was on the air. One of my favorite scenes was right at the start of season 2.

“Woah, ok, I’m just going to ask you one question: do you know how a firearm works?”

That inflection puts me in stitches. Such a great actor.

“But I’m doing my level best to avoid the paperwork and the self-recrimination that comes with it.”

Got me excited for more Justified

I bought Justified on DVD and been steadily binge watching it the last couple days. I wrapped up the first quarter of season 2 last night, which is where I stopped watching when it was on the air. One of my favorite scenes was right at the start of season 2.

“Woah, ok, I’m just going to ask you one question: do you know how a firearm works?”

That inflection puts me in stitches. Such a great actor.

“But I’m doing my level best to avoid the paperwork and the self-recrimination that comes with it.”

Got me excited for more Justified
Brilliant scene. Huge fan of Tim.

Justified was incredible, but the last season was awful. As bad as the last season of Seinfeld, just an anomaly.