My top 5 movies of 2021

Tools    

Boldly going.
5. The Green Knight
This haunting and mysterious adaptation of a medieval tale may not have been my very favourite, but it definitely earned a spot on my top 5.

4. Shang-Chi And The Legend of the 10 Rings
Excellent action, especially the hand-to-hand combat scenes. I also loved seeing the Chinese Guardian lions come to life.

3. Ghost Busters: Afterlife
I didn't love it as much as the original, but this sequel did pretty well and it's definitely my favorite Ghostbuster sequel so far. My only criticism was that it felt a bit too derivative (it even had the same antagonists as the original). But this movie added something to the franchise which had been missing in previous sequels: the benevolent ghost, which figures out what it needs to do in order to move on.

2. Spider-Man: No Way Home
This movie was exciting and fun, and I did something which no other film has done before, which is to bring together various adaptations of the same franchise.

1. Suicide Squad (2021)
This was a real surprise for me. I didn't enjoy the previous Suicide Squad, so I had low expectations going into this one. But this movie just blew me away! It had interesting and colourful characters, touching moments, hilarity, great soundtrack - the whole package. A number members of the squad die,
WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
Including some huge name actors like Michael Rooker, and big name characters, like Boomerang
making it truly live up to its name. I just watched the Blu Ray commentary and James Gunn said he'd never had so much fun on a film, and it shows.

I liked your top 5 as well. My ratings of your top 5:

The Green Knight 8/10
Shang-Chi And The Legend of the 10 Rings 8/10
Ghost Busters: Afterlife 8/10
Spider-Man: No Way Home 9/10
Suicide Squad 8/10

My top 5:
5. Annette
4. In the Heights
3. Judas and the Black Messiah
2. West Side Story
1. CODA

Once again, I haven't seen too many 2021 films yet. I guess the top-5 would be something like this:

1. Last Night in Soho ****
2. Old Henry ***½
3. Gaia ***
4. The Suicide Squad ***
5. One Shot ***

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to get to any more new releases before the end of the year so...

1. Drive My Car
2. The Card Counter
3. Memoria
4. The French DIspatch
5. Dune

The trick is not minding
HM: Werewolves Within, Prisoners of the Ghostland, Dune, The Last Duel, The Courier, Annette.

5. CODA
4. In The Earth
3. Pig
2. In The Heights
1. The Green Knight

OK, I need to update.

1. Last Night in Soho ****
2. The Innocents ****
3. Old Henry ***½
4. Gaia ***
5. The Suicide Squad ***

Just saw the new #2 today, so I'm not 100% sure of the order of the first two yet. Anyway, those two are definitely on the top, and the #3 is as firmly on the 3rd spot. The rest are more like fillers.

5. The Green Knight
This haunting and mysterious adaptation of a medieval tale may not have been my very favourite, but it definitely earned a spot on my top 5.

Excellent action, especially the hand-to-hand combat scenes. I also loved seeing the Chinese Guardian lions come to life.

I didn't love it as much as the original, but this sequel did pretty well and it's definitely my favorite Ghostbuster sequel so far. My only criticism was that it felt a bit too derivative (it even had the same antagonists as the original). But this movie added something to the franchise which had been missing in previous sequels: the benevolent ghost, which figures out what it needs to do in order to move on.

This movie was exciting and fun, and I did something which no other film has done before, which is to bring together various adaptations of the same franchise.

1. Suicide Squad (2021)
This was a real surprise for me. I didn't enjoy the previous Suicide Squad, so I had low expectations going into this one. But this movie just blew me away! It had interesting and colourful characters, touching moments, hilarity, great soundtrack - the whole package. A number members of the squad die,
Including some huge name actors like Michael Rooker, and big name characters, like Boomerang
making it truly live up to its name. I just watched the Blu Ray commentary and James Gunn said he'd never had so much fun on a film, and it shows.
I haven't seen any of these movies yet.

1. The Last Duel
2. The Green Knight
3. Licorice Pizza
4. Bo Burnham: Inside
5. West Side Story

5. The Green Knight

1. Suicide Squad (2021)
Ghostbusters is my all time favorite.

I've only seen 30 or so movies from 2021, but here goes anyway. It goes by U.S. release date:

1. Mad God
2. Pig
3. In the Heights
4. Luca
5. Dune

Honorable Mentions: Bad Trip, Censor, Nobody, The Spine of Night, Undine

From what I've seen so far:

1) Licorice Pizza
2) The Worst Person in the World
3) The French Dispatch
4) Dune
5) The Last Duel