Looking for specific horror about spiders that is not arachnophobia

Tools    

I saw this film when i was very young in the late 90's or early 00's and the only scene i can recall is a young girl crying being eaten/attacked by spiders/insects in a basement as her parents/guardians scream.
Im really hoping this is from a movie and not some awful childhood dream I had.
any help would be much appreciated.

They were normal sized spiders.

I saw this film when i was very young in the late 90's or early 00's and the only scene i can recall is a young girl crying being eaten/attacked by spiders/insects in a basement as her parents/guardians scream.
Im really hoping this is from a movie and not some awful childhood dream I had.
any help would be much appreciated.

Is the movie from the late 90's/early 00's, or is that just when you saw it?

I don't have any idea, but if the creatures were regular sized and the girl was being eaten alive, that's usually ants instead of spiders in these types of movies. (Sometimes slugs, sometimes worms. Usually ants)

Googling, I got a tv movie from 1997, Ants! (aka It Happened at Lakewood Manor). I have not seen this, so I have no idea of that's it, but I would think say, consider going that route.

One exception I can think of is Kingdom of the Spiders, which might actually be regular sized spiders (it does have William Shatter in it). But I missed my opportunity to see it when it played locally, so I don't know if it matches the description or not. But it's also a late 70's movie (which is why I asked for clarification on the release date).