Raised by Wolves (Ridley Scott, HBO)

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Also, I'm gonna have to force myself to rewatch at least that final episode of season 1... much to my own horror and dismay.
and you were doing so good with your earlier posts. i cannot like that. watch the WHOLE SEASON!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The Adventure Starts Here!
and you were doing so good with your earlier posts. i cannot like that. watch the WHOLE SEASON!
Well, maybe the last TWO episodes. That weird snake/worm thing, though. Ugh, gonna need to reread some of the buzz about what that all was and what it meant. I think I have repressed memories surrounding all that.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The only note I had for Ridley after season 1…

Mad Max Gun Hand Man!

What a great trailer 😋

Did you watch the episode yet? If so, how far back do I have to rewatch so that I'll remember enough of the wonky stuff that happened and leads into this second season?

Trying to minimize my exposure to some of that weirdness if I can...

I’m downloading them meow. If I get everything done, I’ll watch tonight, I’ve got till 06:00.

I watched season 2, episode 1. I'm still on the fence with this crazy show. But this article helped. I read it after watching that first episode. It's got a few spoilery things in it for that S2E1 in it, so watch first, read later. But it did help in a sort of recap way. (There IS a recap in the first few minutes of episode 1, but this article did a better job keeping the zany bits a little clearer to me.)

https://decider.com/2022/02/03/raise...this%20Weekend

I've watched another episode or two. WHY AM I STILL WATCHING THIS SHOW?

Sorry, but Mother is really annoying me. I'm not sure if it's the acting or the characterization, but that person/entity no longer feels like an android to me, as portrayed. And I don't mean that in a way relating to the storyline (like, she's becoming more human! Wow!). I mean it as in the sing-songy voice is driving me nuts, and compared to the acting and characterization by Father, she's just not measuring up.

I realized while watching episode 2 of this season that I just don't care about any of these characters and that all of them (except Father) annoy the crap outta me. And I feel as if they keep bending the sci-fi rules of this world to suit the "plotline" (which I put in quotes on purpose). Poor Father is just the continually martyred, naive soul <cough> in this show, but otherwise, I honestly couldn't care less what happens to anyone else.

So tell me again, someone: Why am I still watching this show?

Paul’s hair is why we care! It’s all we’ve ever needed!

I’m such a poseur. The episodes I’ve downloaded will probably expire before I watch them.

The only note I had for Ridley after season 1…

Mad Max Gun Hand Man!

What a great trailer 😋

S2 E3: two androids enter, one android gets knocked down.

Noice on that Mad Max callout, yo.

Oh, and AU? You're watching because Mother is watching. You wouldn't want to upset Mother.

you NEEEEEEEEEEEED this!! This is the life blood! Mother's fuel blood milk!!!!1! Let go and be one with the pack. Aaaah-OOOOooooooooooo!!!!

S2 E3: two androids enter, one android gets knocked down.

Noice on that Mad Max callout, yo.

Oh, and AU? You're watching because Mother is watching. You wouldn't want to upset Mother.

you NEEEEEEEEEEEED this!! This is the life blood! Mother's fuel blood milk!!!!1! Let go and be one with the pack. Aaaah-OOOOooooooooooo!!!!
Whatever Father is doing with that fuel blood is clearly not going to turn out well. I mean, hasn't he seen Jurassic Park?? Just because you can doesn't mean you SHOULD, Father!

IT'S ALL JUST SO PROPERLY WEIRD!!!

this touches my soul in ways that concern me.

IT'S ALL JUST SO PROPERLY WEIRD!!!

this touches my soul in ways that concern me.
It ain't touchin' my soul! I ain't gonna LET it touch my soul! WHY AM I STILL WATCHING THIS SHOW??

That is not rhetorical. I really want to know what compels me to watch new episodes!

So, am I officially the only one here still watching this show?

It just feels like every episode they decided to add little bits and pieces of the larger mythology, without any way for us to have seen it coming beforehand. That starts to feel like a "make it up as we go along" attitude about the writing. But it still feels like watching a train wreck: I can't look away.

So, am I officially the only one here still watching this show?

It just feels like every episode they decided to add little bits and pieces of the larger mythology, without any way for us to have seen it coming beforehand. That starts to feel like a "make it up as we go along" attitude about the writing. But it still feels like watching a train wreck: I can't look away.
BLASPHOMY!

Of COURSE I'm still watching. Every episode three times per week.

I was feeling a similar frustration about expanding on the mythology without resolving anything. While that may still play out without any closure, I will say:

WARNING: "End of last week's episode from March 3" spoilers below
The end of last week's episode showed the fruit of the new tree (I forget the character names, but it was the woman who solved the riddle box). Guess what monstrosity is an herbivore???? And they have determined that Sol is probably a transmission rather than a deity, depending on if you're a believer or atheist. We also learned that Caleb's powers were not rom Sol but from swallowing Mother's eyes. So that mysticism was shut down pretty hard. Now we just need to know the source of transmission, why it wanted child#7 to be born, what the relics' (cards, the new android, etc.) purposes are, and what the connection is to those humanoid creates that live in the ocean are. Though we can infer they were the end evolutionary step to the previous human habitants of this planet. We just don't yet know how they devolved, so to speak. Perhaps that was from eating the fruit???

So lines are starting to connect, I think. Maybe not for this season so I really hope they greenlight a new one.

It sounds as if you haven't yet watched the new episode that just dropped today... so I'll wait to say any more.
I hope I can catch it tonight. If you've seen it already then I'll add:
WARNING: "reactions from Mar 3 episode." spoilers below
I'm hoping the snake (#7) will eat the fruit too, and evolve or trigger some weird cataclysmic event for it. Or that the humans eating the fruit get sick and or trigger the first stages of devolution into those water creatures as mindless followers of Sol. I mean, that one humanoid pre-full devolved water version was found inside of the last structure of Sol's that Caleb was exploring when baby girl android No-Face killed everyone lol. So maybe that's what become of his followers? I'm HOPING these connect some way, but who knows. I really am curious what comes of the baby too!!!!