Raised by Wolves (Ridley Scott, HBO)

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I read an online review of the ep. 10 and was surprised by how much praise it got and a 9/10 rating. A little nugget from said review, season 2 has already been greenlit

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Interesting on that review. Wow. I def need to binge this to see wtf difference it makes on that episode. I'd give the season 8/10, personally, but like I said before that MAY just be my desperation for a sci-fi series at all

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A glaring hole in the season was any sign of these monsters that left behind the skeletons. The reviewer had suggested the flying eel was one of these creatures. Fine.

Are we to believe that this loop of season 1 has happened before? I’m being lazy, but makes me feel like some typical Weyland Corp. , sacrifice some people/droids for a biological marvel that we hope to exploit for some gain.

A glaring hole in the season was any sign of these monsters that left behind the skeletons. The reviewer had suggested the flying eel was one of these creatures. Fine.

Are we to believe that this loop of season 1 has happened before? I’m being lazy, but makes me feel like some typical Weyland Corp. , sacrifice some people/droids for a biological marvel that we hope to exploit for some gain.
Yeah, with the devolving bit I got serious flashbacks of BSG's (reboot) final season and ongoing theme It has happened before, it will happen again. I assume (I say that loosely) that the eel would continue to grow and eventually die, leaving similar remains. My issue with that is the mouth structure. The lil guy looked more like the leachy fart monster from Dreamcatcher or even the snake thing in Prometheus. The mouth was more like a sucker than a hinged jaw that a snake would have. I can't remember the bone remains from earlier episodes enough to say what those had. Would be cool if they matched. On the other hand, mother is a new technology so maybe the creature changed as a result? Yeah, I'm way off course with all this and this is something I was proud of avoiding in this thread but, dang. There are just too many questions now not to speculate.

Going back to the loop idea. I don't know if I want to believe humanity in general has looped around again. I mean, civilization starts, war ensues, tech advanced, extinction is inevitable, colonize another planet effectively resetting to zero, all while this Sol entity is directing cosmic traffic for reasons we can't understand yet. That's interesting and pretty friggin epic to try to think on, but that requires a vast universe for us, the viewer, to experience I think to step into such a large idea. Battlestar did that. There were several planets. There was jump drive tech that further showed just how huge that universe was. There was clearly established history before those events took place. We were aware of most of that history with the exception of the spiritual bits that kept the story moving forward to learn more about it. Here in comparison, this universe is empty for as far as we can tell. If we knew the story of why everyone on earth chose this planet that might help fill in the gaps and bridge a path into a larger scale universal/deity kind of thing, if that's where things are going in the story that is. I'm not sure that would work considering how minimal sets and characters have been so far. That's part of why I've liked it so much.

Yeah, I have no idea. lol.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I don't want this thread to die =\
We have to get @Yoda to watch it. That'll revive it.

Meanwhile, I just keep wondering how the actors for Mother and Father went to the bathroom in those suits... or whether we can find footage of how the heck they even put them on.

I’m sorrry that I haven’t been here to support you two. I know I let the group down

There are lots of shows to watch Mr. Green, but I have a solution to this problem. You make this show next. Those shows been waiting, they can stay waiting This is what must be done. It’s what is best for the children.

Yes, Doubledenim, I would agree. In fact, *tilts head in consideration* this reminds me of.... a joke! An android, a priest, and an atheist walk into a cave....

The atheist asks, "How will we find our way out?" The priest then replies, "We will pray on it." The android then has an existential crisis and kills them both, saying, "...'sol good." What do you think, Campi..... Campion? Where did you go?

Free bump, till Yoda gets the hint.

Hm. Wait! I can drop tech-support questions here to legitimize my posts!!! Hey, @Yoda , used to be I could mouse-over the "liked" ribbon on posts of mine that others have clicked the thumbs-up on. I can't see that anymore. Was that an intentional change? Now I don't know who to send Christmas cookies to, or to list out who to love and who to hate sitewide..

'sup widdat? It's all good tho. I just needed a better excuse to kick this thread back up. dammit, Jim! the thread is NOT--GONNA--DIE!!! not on my watch. Seriously, guys, roll him over. He's lying on my watch =\

Haven't changed anything about the rep banner thingy lately, though maybe you can rephrase and I'll understand what you mean better.

I'll still give this show a try. I just finished another season of another show and I've got two others in progress I need to wrap up first. I haven't heard great things about Raised by Wolves but it also sounds weird enough I might like it anyway. Just a little ways down The List still, though.

Weird. NOW I can see those user names. I meant, specifically, the number of "likes" on a post that sits in the top-right frame of a post, and just below the Quote and Options icons that sit above the post frame. For a few days now I've noticed that I've not been able to click it from mobile to reveal what users have supported a post of mine. I dismissed that to my age and pending *dementia, and that I had only imagined the feature. However, today, before posting, I noticed I could not see the list from my desktop either. Works NOW though ..huh.

Peculiar that I now see it.... after you replied.

Prolly just my browser. Bowzer? Mario? Hey, yeah! Shah Na Na!!

re: wolves stuff. weird is slightly inapt of a description. go in blind, i'd suggest, and just let go.

*I shouldn't joke about dementia, but I did spell that as dimension the first time around and I didn't catch it until after tracking down this kung-fubbie gif. I am genuinely concerned.

Just like the Prometheus Reddit experience I had.

So I guess I'll start this. Everything I'm reading says it's...not that good. But also weird, and sometimes I love weird (even weird bad) things. Now that everyone's finished...still think it's worth it?

The Adventure Starts Here!

Just like the Prometheus Reddit experience I had.
That was actually VERY VERY helpful in explaining the show and so much of its unexplained weirdness. Now, if only HALF of that was actually IN the show. One ought not need to watch a half hour explanatory piece to watch a fictional TV series.

Thanks for the link.