What happened to Kate Hudson after Almost Famous?

Tools    

Kate Hudson was fantastic in Almost Famous in 2000, even getting a well deserved Oscar nomination. But what happened after that movie? All she's done since then is mediocre or terrible rom-coms, and she has so much potential! Thoughts?

How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days saw her nominated for 5 awards
Raising Helen saw her nominated for an award
Bride Wars saw her nominated for 4 awards
Nine saw her nominated for 3 awards

But yeah, her breakthrough role in Almost Famous is probably the best she's done. She won 11 awards for it and was nominated for 23 altogether.
Like a lot of stars, their breakout role is about the best they do and then it's mainly mediocre or Golden Raspberry Awards after that.

She's been in TV series Glee since 2012 which has received pretty decent ratings though.

Once you have such a break-through, it's easy and even understandable to choose for the easy and quick money, in stead of waiting/looking for quality projects. That's life.

Kate Hudson has a wonderful charisma, though. I actually thought How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days was watchable, due to her and Matthew's chemistry on screen. She should be in better films.

Prime example of the fame machine is Macaulay Culkin.

First Uncle Buck and then a breakout role in Home Alone and he was then all over the place on talkshows and lunchboxes, posters etc etc...

After that he made Home Alone 2, Getting Even With Dad, The Pagemaster and Richie Rich... all of which saw him nominated for Golden Raspberries... and then he didn't work again for 6 years...

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I suppose the reason that you don't see Kate Hudson around is because she was only ... almost famous. YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!

How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days is probably her best movie apart from Almost Famous, and I think she was fab in Glee - She's a good actress, if she would just pick better quality films to act in :/

Prime example of the fame machine is Macaulay Culkin.

First Uncle Buck and then a breakout role in Home Alone and he was then all over the place on talkshows and lunchboxes, posters etc etc...
Same thing happened to Corey Feldmen and Corey Haim, after The Lost Boys they practically disappeared of the face of the earth. RIP Corey Haim.

Her work in HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS, RAISING HELEN, BRIDE WARS, and NINE was hardly award-worthy and she was miscast on GLEE. Loved her in ALMOST FAMOUS, but I, too, have been baffled by the downward spiral of her career.