R.I.P. Gaspard Ulliel

Tools    

The trick is not minding
French actor and multiple Cesar award (highest award honor for actors in France) has died tragically in a skiing accident.

Best known for his roles in A Very Long Engagement and as Hannibal Lector in Hannibal Rising, he also had roles in Brotherhood of the Wolf, It’s Only The End of The World, and as famous fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent in Saint Laurent. He also voiced Jack Frost in the French release of Rise of the Guardians.

He was currently filming Moon Knight, where he has been cast as the villain Midnight Man.

He was 37.

Very sad and so tragic at such a young age. I'd only seen him in a couple of films but still, I feel the loss. Prayers for his lady love and young child.

Awful. I’ve always been ambivalent on skiing. Yes, it is exhilarating, but I know someone who got sarcoma that stemmed from a skiing fall and died at 16, and the more I see such stuff, the more I wonder if it’s really worth it for those few hours of adrenaline.

Edit: only just noticed I wrote “ambiguous” there. Honestly, I need a break. Meant “ambivalent”.

The trick is not minding
Awful. I’ve always been ambiguous on skiing. Yes, it is exhilarating, but I know someone who got sarcoma that stemmed from a skiing fall and died at 16, and the more I see such stuff, the more I wonder if it’s really worth it for those few hours of adrenaline.
Wait, I’m confused here. Sarcoma is a type of cancer. How does skiiing relate to this?

Wait, I’m confused here. Sarcoma is a type of cancer. How does skiiing relate to this?
I’m aware. There is ongoing discussion of them sometimes arising from traumatic injury. That was distinctly how it was explained in the case I’m referencing by the doctor. If I’m not mistaken, Hailey’s The Final Diagnosis referenced something similar.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31208254/

All I meant is that it’s left a mark on me.

The trick is not minding
I’m aware. There is ongoing discussion of them sometimes arising from traumatic injury. That was distinctly how it was explained in the case I’m referencing by the doctor. If I’m not mistaken, Hailey’s The Final Diagnosis referenced something similar.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31208254/

All I meant is that it’s left a mark on me.
Ah, I see. Wasn’t aware there was any connection between the two.