R.I.P. Dwayne Hickman

Tools    

Another gone! My gosh, I've never seen so many pass away so close together and especially ones from my childhood on.

I watched some Dobie Gillis when it aired in my area but then it was taken off and they never brought it back. But I loved what I saw. I knew Hickman from Cat Ballou of course and really liked his character. Remember him from Ski Party and Dr. Goldfoot and His Bikini Machine. Good fun on both of those. And I remember him much younger in The Happy Years with Dean Stockwell.

Godpseed, Dwayne and peace to your family and friends. Thanks for the nice tribute, @mark f.

Count me as a fan of Dwayne Hickman. I've seen him in a number of movies as he often turns up here and there, but I know and like him best from The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (TV Series 1959-1963)

The first couple seasons of that TV show was ground breaking! It must have blown teens away and made adults upset. It really felt like it was decades ahead of anything on TV at the time. Then like in the 3rd or 4th season the complaints from grumpy adults and nervous TV executives took its toll and the show was toned down to a predictable and average fair...Do yourself a favor and check out the 1st season in broadcast order, you might just be hooked.