Spam my Comedy Countdown ballot!

Tools    

@Captain Steel ; Wow, that was a huge list that you posted. So big that I had to give you your own post reply
My comments are next to your suggestions:

Galaxy Quest...I've been meaning to watch this movie for so long and keep saying I will...so I better get to it!

Sleeper...I've been meaning to watch more early Woody Allen films too, seen this as a kid but don't remember much.

Spaceballs...I'm not a fan of Mel Brooks films, though this was kinda funny.

Dark Star...very cool, very odd, b budget sci fi. I always liked this one.

Inner Space...I should see this.

Idiocracy...that sounds fun. I like time travel into the future comedies.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure...not seen this but doesn't it have Jane Wiedlen from the Go-Gos in it?

Mystery Men... I actually like Ben Stiller films, some of them anyway.

Shaun of the Dead...This is going to be a lock for the countdown, it's popular around here. I've not seen it though.

Ghostbusters...another lock and I had seen this first run at the theater.

(The Christopher Guest collection):

This Is Spinal Tap
...I seen this when it came out, it was pretty funny.

Best In Show
...A sure favorite for me.

Waiting for Guffman
...never heard of it
A Mighty Wind...or this one.

Neighbors (1981)...I took a date to that movie, I'm that old! Or I was dating when I was 3

Murder by Death
...GBG likes this, I didn't.

Dr. Strangelove...Everyone is voting for this one, I bet.

(The original Pink Panther series)
...those are kinda fun.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, World.
..I just seen this, pretty funny and Ethel Merman was a hoot.

Sex and the Single Girl...I just got this movie awhile back, still haven't got around to watching it though.

The Great Race
...I just seen this and didn't like it, sorry!

Boeing Boeing....sounds interesting

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying...just watched it the other night, a really well made film.

A Guide for the Married Man...been meaning to watch this one too.

(National Lampoon's Vacation collection: original 4) Those are all good, different kids but same hot wife!

The Jerk...a fav of mine.

Clueless...wasn't a big fan of it. Ferris Bueller's Day Off...need to rewatch, love it though.

Trading Places...might have seen it, pretty sure I have.

Zoolander...I liked it, but I didn't know anybody else did!

Top Secret...Not seen it, probably should.

Stripes
...Crickets favorite comedy.

(Entire Monty Python collection)
...I had Life of Brian on my top 75 comedy films list, did you look at that? The other Python films are good too!

Hey, are you sending in a voting ballot for the upcoming Comedy Countdown?
I hope you will, I'm the co-host and we really need ballots to make the countdown work. It's super easy to send a ballot using the ballot tool Yoda made. I'm glad you posted so many movie choices for me Comedy Countdown link
Take a look, please!

Yikes, didn't know there were others. I was referring you to the Neil Simon/Jack Lemmon film (1970)
Neil Simon and Jack Lemmon...are right up my movie alley. I will see if I can find that movie and watch it. Thanks Captain T

My Cousin Vinny must be good because I hear it mentioned from time to time.
Have you never seen My Cousin Vinny, Rules?

I would say it is one of the most universally loved comedies of all times (a lot of comedies are geared toward certain audiences or are liked more by certain ages or backgrounds - but Vinny is one I've never heard anyone say it wasn't for them or they didn't like it.)

You're such a huge Star Trek fan and you've never seen Galaxy Quest? For shame.
I don't want to give it away, but you know part of the plot is based on fan reactions to Star Trek TOS and the actors' reactions to the fans' reactions. The satire to Shatner and Nimoy is very clear without being an obvious imitation!

I don't want to give it away, but you know part of the plot is based on fan reactions to Star Trek TOS and the actors' reactions to the fans' reactions. The satire to Shatner and Nimoy is very clear!
Ha, just one of those things...but I'll watch it before the deadline of the Comedy Countdown is up.

I would say it is one of the most universally loved comedies of all times (a lot of comedies are geared toward certain audiences or are liked more by certain ages or backgrounds - but Vinny is one I've never heard anyone say it wasn't for them or they didn't like it.)
Nope never seen it. I meant to but never got around to it. But you know what? You talked me into it, I'll watch it and post a little about it.

Mystery Men (1999): Ben Stiller has never been a big draw for me... but that's okay in this case as it's an ensemble cast.

And what a cast... with the great Geoffrey Rush, William H. Macy, Hank Azaria, Paul Reubens, Janeane Garofalo, Kel Mitchell, Wes Studi, Eddie Izzard, Tom Waits, Greg Kinnear, and even Louise Lasser!

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure...not seen this but doesn't it have Jane Wiedlen from the Go-Gos in it?
Jane is Joan of Arc (Miss. Arc) and I don't think she has a single line of dialogue. If you get around to this and like it, I'd recommend the sequel, Bogus Journey, as well.

Jane is Joan of Arc (Miss. Arc) and I don't think she has a single line of dialogue. If you get around to this and like it, I'd recommend the sequel, Bogus Journey, as well.
But dang, she is CUTE as all hell in it!

Ha, just one of those things...but I'll watch it before the deadline of the Comedy Countdown is up.
Your not having seen Galaxy Quest reminds me that you haven't seen Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid while being a noir fan! So another to add to the list (not the greatest comedy, but totally unique in that it's the only full-length movie to splice in scenes from classic noir movies and then build a plot around it).

More:
What's Up Doc?
Oh God!
Mr. Mom
The Dream Team
Heart and Souls
Parenthood (it's in my top 10 list, yet I forgot all about it!)

(The Jay & Silent Bob collection)
Clerks
Dogma
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

I wouldn't know where to start with Jerry Lewis movies, but I'll mention Which Way to the Front as a personal favorite that's hard to find as it's always risky to work Nazis into a comedy (but Hogan's Heroes pulled it off) - this one is about a bunch of 4-F rejects during WWII who form their own mercenary group to infiltrate Nazi Germany in an attempt to end the war. (1970 shades of Inglorious Basterds?)

Love “Eighth Grade”, but never really viewed it as a “comedy”. Yes, it does have elements of, but put it more in the genre of “Welcome to the Dolhouse”, “But I’m a Cheerleader” or “Ghost World”.

Which makes this countdown so difficult. People view comedy how they laugh. Where others view it as another avenue to tell a story, in a twisted way, a loving way, a tragic way. Am I making sense, or just rambling again.

As you have some Buster Keaton in your list but no Harold Lloyd maybe try his The Kid Brother, personally I think it's his most likeable film.

As you have some Buster Keaton in your list but no Harold Lloyd maybe try his The Kid Brother, personally I think it's his most likeable film.
I'd like to see more Harold Lloyd films, as it is I've only seen 2.

I'd like to see more Harold Lloyd films, as it is I've only seen 2.
I recommend:

The Freshman (1925)
Girl Shy (1924)
The Kid Brother (1927)
Speedy (1928)

Check out Bedtime Story (1964). Marlon Brando and David Nevin are fantastic in this comedy about two competing, scheming con men. It was later remade as Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

Check out Bedtime Story (1964). Marlon Brando and David Nevin are fantastic in this comedy about two competing, scheming con men. It was later remade as Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
Have to look this up, liked "Dirty Rotten Scoundels". But with those two leads, it can only blow apart the latter.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@Captain Steel ; Wow, that was a huge list that you posted. So big that I had to give you your own post reply
My comments are next to your suggestions:

Murder by Death...GBG likes this, I didn't.

The Great Race...I just seen this and didn't like it, sorry!

I like both of these movies, but chances are that they'll both miss my list.

@Citizen Rules, Do you dislike Peter Falk? He was great in both of these movies.

I don't want to give it away, but you know part of the plot is based on fan reactions to Star Trek TOS and the actors' reactions to the fans' reactions. The satire to Shatner and Nimoy is very clear without being an obvious imitation!

Nope never seen it. I meant to but never got around to it. But you know what? You talked me into it, I'll watch it and post a little about it.

You should definitely watch both My Cousin Vinny and Galaxy Quest. They are both great movies. My Cousin Vinny is a lock for my list, and Galaxy Quest has a good chance to make it too.

More:
Mr. Mom
The Dream Team
Heart and Souls

I love Heart and Souls, but while it has some very funny scenes, I think of it more as a fantasy movie than a comedy.

I'll second both Mr. Mom and The Dream Team.