Rank The Friday The 13th Films

Tools    

Wonder if there's any fans of this series here. I really enjoy most of them and have a soft spot as they got me into Horror at a young age. Not the smartest Horror movies ever but they're fun. Rank them all with Freddy Vs. Jason and the 2009 reboot included. I'd rank them in my order of preference:

Part 4: The Final Chapter
Part 6: Jason Lives
Part 2
Part 7: The New Blood
Part 3
Part 1
Reboot
Part 5: A New Beginning
Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan
Part 9: Jason Goes To Hell
Freddy Vs. Jason
Jason X

A system of cells interlinked
Guilty pleasure for me. I know they are crap flicks for the most part, but I like a few of them...

Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th Part 3
Friday the 13th 6: Jason Lives
Friday the 13th: Part 4

Not a fan of the rest, but the one with Lar Park Lincoln (7?) had potential before the censors chopped it to pieces. Lar Park Lincoln is good comedy...

"Wut?"

A guilty pleasure for me also. They're not the best films but they're decent watches that don't take themselves too seriously.

Would need to watch again to give an accurate view on how good each one is, though.

1. Freddy vs. Jason (2003)

2. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)

3. Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985)

4. Friday the 13th Part III (1982)

5. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)

6. Friday the 13th (1980)

7. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

8. Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993)

9. Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI (1986)

10. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)

11. Jason X (2001)

12. Friday the 13th (2009)

As you can see, they need to make one more Friday the 13th movie -- the 13th Friday the 13th film.

1. Jason X
2. VII
3. II
4. VI
5. Final Chapter
6. I
7. Jason Goes to Hell
8. A New Beginning
9. VIII
10. III

Watched them all in the last few months. Only the first four listed are OK or better - the rest suck

Finished here. It's been fun.
When I was younger I was a horror-fanatic, I've seen all of them( as turdy as most of them are)

1. The Final Chapter
2. I
3. VI
4. III
5. Freddy Vs. Jason
6. A New Beginning
7. II
8. VII
9.Jason X
10.Jason Takes Manhattan
11. Jason Goes to Hell

i think they are all pretty damn bad, around
or so. The Final Chapter has always been my favorite, and its probably the best of the series alongside the original.

1. Jason X
2. VII
3. II
4. VI
5. Final Chapter
6. I
7. Jason Goes to Hell
8. A New Beginning
9. VIII
10. III

Watched them all in the last few months. Only the first four listed are OK or better - the rest suck
+ rep for being the only person so far to get the first one right.

It's been a long time since I saw most of them, though I saw Final Chapter recently and still really liked it so, from memory and omitting those I've not seen, I'd say:

Jason X
VI: Jason Lives
IV: The Final Chapter
Friday The 13th
III
II
A New Beginning
Goes To Manhattan

I don't really remember Jason Vs Freddy but then, I don't really think of it as a Friday 13th film either.

To me, Freddy vs. Jason doesn't really feel like an actual "FRIDAY THE 13TH" movie, despite Jason being in it. I put it at number one, though, because I do think it was probably the best made. But as for the Friday the 13th-ness itself, I wouldn't rush to that one first when I need a Jason fix.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I like the first one the best, but I can't really rank the others as they've kind of morphed into one big movie in my head. I can never remember what happens in which movie. They're fun though.

I watched the first movie not too long ago and really, really liked it. But Friday the 13th is all about Jason, and that was Jason's mother.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
It scares the beejeezes out of me though.

I've had several nightmares about Jason. He is the only horror character I have ever dreamed about.

But as for the Friday the 13th-ness itself, I wouldn't rush to that one first when I need a Jason fix.
Me neither. but, like you, I like it.
I like the first one the best, but I can't really rank the others as they've kind of morphed into one big movie in my head. I can never remember what happens in which movie. They're fun though.
My mum's done that with the original Star Wars trilogy. Having her tell you the plot of 'Star Wars' is great.
But Friday the 13th is all about Jason, and that was Jason's mother.
Spoiler alert!?!???!?!??!

+ rep for being the only person so far to get the first one right.
Thanks To be honest it's the only one of the series that I really enjoyed. It's so intentionally ridiculous and the appearance of Uber-Jason is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a horror movie.

I hated Jason X when I first saw it. Now I can tolerate it more, but it's been awhile since I saw it.

It scares the beejeezes out of me though.

I've had several nightmares about Jason. He is the only horror character I have ever dreamed about.
I was like that with Freddy. I remember one morning I woke up and thought my mom was Freddy.

I have nightmares about Michael Myers and the Hellraiser cenobites. I had dreams about them not too long ago, in fact. Michael Myers even killed me in it.

Freddy and Jason nightmares, though... don't have them.

I was like that with Freddy. I remember one morning I woke up and thought my mom was Freddy.
I have nightmares about Michael Myers and the Hellraiser cenobites. I had dreams about them not too long ago, in fact. Michael Myers even killed me in it.

Freddy and Jason nightmares, though... don't have them.
Yeah, I've been killed in my dreams by Freddy too. There again, I've also killed him, so swings and roundabouts.