What exactly does it take to become a mod?

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
You misunderstand KK. He's applying the principle of moderate excessiveness. (He's ****ing with you )

But in a friendly way like

You want to post like me?
I was just commenting on the fact that he used 'oxymoron' as a noun. Didn't know you could do that?

Am I being a total idiot?

there's a frog in my snake oil
He's just being playful with the language man. Native speaker's perogative to be ungrammatically correct and that

I didn't know you wanted to be a Mod that badly, well good luck with your efforts in achieving your dream.

KK, when someone mentions an oxymoron they usually mean stuff like "Millitary Intelligence", "Creationist Science" or "President George W. Bush".. Oh wait, that was just a moron.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
IMO, it's takes a willingness to read every post, keep your personal feelings out of everything on site as much as possible and listen to every complainer complain.

Which is why I don't want to be a mod!

You want to post like me?

KK, when someone mentions an oxymoron they usually mean stuff like "Millitary Intelligence", "Creationist Science" or "President George W. Bush".. Oh wait, that was just a moron.
Or Microsoft Works.

I know you said, "In your opinion", but I want to reply . . .

IMO, it's takes a willingness to read every post
I don't think there's a single mod out there that does this. Well, unless their board doesn't get much activity. This board is waaaaay too active for that. Which is a good thing, yep!

keep your personal feelings out of everything on site as much as possible
I'd hope the bulk of the members here would want to know us a little better than that.
Unless I'm taking this wrong.

listen to every complainer complain.
Now this I can do. I have a habit of dissecting certain situations, as well. Now don't I!?!

I know you said, "In your opinion", but I want to reply . . .

I don't think there's a single mod out there that does this. Well, unless their board doesn't get much activity. This board is waaaaay too active for that. Which is a good thing, yep!

I'd hope the bulk of the members here would want to know us a little better than that.
Unless I'm taking this wrong.

Now this I can do. I have a habit of dissecting certain situations, as well. Now don't I!?!
Well, that's what I was told on some other boards I am on, when people asked me to mod.

As to your post, I'm probably not in the loop of what you are talking about but in any case I got lost.

I'm saying that I've never witness a mod that's read every last post on a board. I doubt any do. Who has that kind of time? Personally, I could only pull something like that off, if I never did all those things in my signature.

This is what I was confused about . . .

I assumed you meant that the moderators shouldn't share their opinions on religion, politics, etc . . . Did you mean something else?

I'm just making sure I understand your list.

I'm saying that I've never witness a mod that's read every last post on a board. I doubt any do. Who has that kind of time? Personally, I could only pull something like that off, if I never did all those things in my signature.

This is what I was confused about . . .

I assumed you meant that the moderators shouldn't share their opinions on religion, politics, etc . . . Did you mean something else?

I'm just making sure I understand your list.
Most of the forums I'm on, mods (usually 2 per section) are appointed for certain sections and yes, they are theoretically required to read all the posts in that section.

And yes, they have to walk the fine line between posting like anyone else and keeping their personal feelings to themselves during mod decisions or conflicts.

I hear tell though, that you have mellowed in your *cough* advanced age.

I'm sure he didn't mean personality... You wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.
You got that right! My personality is the bulk of who I am, baby!

Originally Posted by bleacheddecay
they are theoretically required to read all the posts in that section.
Are they pop-quizzed, to make sure they're actually reading all of them?

Seriously though, I'm glad that's not a requirement for this board. It's filled with way too many trustworthy people. This is the coolest board on the net!

The mod's on this forum are probably the best I have ever seen. This is not arse kissing as I disagree with most of them some of the time, or is that some of them most of the time? Anyway, there is an eclectic feeling of commradarie that pours forth from "our" mods here. They are, to me, family and they put up with me as such, so yeah, I love our mods.

as I disagree with most of them some of the time, or is that some of them most of the time?
That would be all of us all of the time.

They are, to me, family and they put up with me as such, so yeah, I love our mods.
I'd hope so, as much as you make fun of me!

A system of cells interlinked
Well damn, I'm just a loose cannon then.

Trying to take my position, eh???