Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Tools    

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Absolutely terrific. Funny, silly and very enjoyable. From the killer rabbit to the knights who say "ni". This movie is on my top list on high enjoyment and non-stop laughter. Who else has seen this comedic masterpiece?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Please write a review, if you haven't already. I'd like to see your take on it (other than what's above).
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Absolutely terrific. Funny, silly and very enjoyable. From the killer rabbit to the knights who say "ni". This movie is on my top list on high enjoyment and non-stop laughter. Who else has seen this comedic masterpiece?
My first viewing of MP and the Holy Grail was a silly experience. Apparently hadn't seen any ads for it because I went to the movie thinking it had something to do with Marty Feldman. Marty. Monty. The similar M sound, you see. I had seen the MP crowd on TV, thought they were funny, but obviously wasn't a big fan, hence the lack of name recognition. Took my young sons to the movie. The strange opening with the knights pretending to ride over the hill kind of rocked me for a moment because none of them were Feldman. Then I recognized who I was really watching and came up to speed. The movie had some very funny bits, but I think in some ways Life of Brian was more imaginative and more cutting edge.

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Please write a review, if you haven't already. I'd like to see your take on it (other than what's above).
I always often watch the movie at least twice (and carefully), before I review it. I'm considering to buy it (when I do), I shall write a review.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I'm going to have to re-watch this flick because I watched it at school, and it was hard to understand some scenes but what I did see was hilarious!

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I've never seen it in full and have become so tired of hearing it quoted over the years that when I do finally watch the whole thing, I doubt it will have the impact it should have. I like Python in general and really enjoyed Life of Brian, though.

"The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?"

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
My brother and I went to the Cerritos Theatre seven times in about a month in 1975 to watch a double bill of Monty Python and the Holy Grail and What's Up, Tiger Lily?. He even snuck in a tape recorder to record both movies, so that when he wasn't watching them during that month, you could here all the dialogue coming from inside his bedroom. Therefore, he and I have known all the dialogue to both movies since 1975.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Seen the film twice.

The first time I didn't get why it was so highly rated. 8.4 on IMDB for a comedy is pretty non-existent.

Then I watched it a second time and couldn't stop laughing.

So this one (along with Fight Club and Fargo) belong in that list of Liked It More On A Second Viewing.

Suspect's Reviews

Laugh like a clown every time I see it. I had a Holy Grail shirt in 8th grade.

I also had a friend in 8th grade who liked Monty Python in general. He's the fella who introduced me to them. Not with Holy Grail either, but with actual Flying Circus eps. Cool huh?

In my top five funniest movies ever made on the planet earth - easily. I adore this movie and it's just comedy excellence on all levels of comedy. This film went all the way to 11.

"The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?"
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

First time I watched it was when I was a kid and my older brother was watching it on TV. I'd never heard of Monty Python at the time and didn't know what to expect. Well, when the rabbit started killing everyone, I popped my cherry and became a Python fan.

'Tis but a scratch!

Easily in my top 50... and one of the funniest movies I've ever seen...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Bought it a week ago, watched it twice since then. Very funny stuff, indeed.

Between our quests, we sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable...

Love this film, in fact loved pretty much everything Monty Python done...

They were well ahead of their time.

Love the Black Knight and the guy with the cocnuts.

I like that move it's can cheer up. Also Terry Jones made Life of Brian & The Meaning of Life.