A Clockwork Orange (Your very, very first thoughts)

Tools    

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
My first thought was: "Oh My God What The **** are those boys doing?", I shut it off and watched it again a few weeks after.

Greets
Spikez

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

i was like "huh"?

now i love it.

just seen it once,and thought it was sick!

Banned from Hollywood.
Saw it for the first time 9 years ago...

In a word IN-CRE-DI-BLE!

I also love the book by Anthony Burgess (Totally ahead of it's time (1962) with incredible dialogue and great wordplay..not missing from the movie either). To be absolutely frank i think this movie is THE most precise book adaptation ever put on the screen.

Loved it...made me want to go out a set fire to some homeless people..NOT. Such a shocking movie.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I absolutly loved it from the start :]

Malcolm McDowell is a very sexy man.

Does anyone think that the ending of the movie sort of contradicts the ending of the novel a wee bit?

When I first tried to watch it, I couldn't really sit through it. I didn't really have any bad opinions of it - I just didn't think I could watch another rape scene. I figured I'd maybe try watching it later in life.

Can't remember. I hate all of Stanley Kubrick's movies.

The first time I saw it (about four years ago), I despised it. I turned it off half way through, to me, it felt like just loads of shocking music, rape and a different, sickening language. Obviously so much has changed, as my taste in movies has changed and I looked into this. It's a very frightening yet beautiful motion picture.

What were your first thoughts on this movie? And who lived through the era' of 71' when it was hugely controversial.
I loved it: I was thirteen and had already seen Space Oddessy a dozen or so times. It was Kubrik's camera work that hooked me. All of his picuters were brought to life by the vividness of the color and the living frame: the camera was (always) a spearate character.

Nobody has equaled his work. I don't think they understand the camera the same way.

Can't remember. I hate all of Stanley Kubrick's movies.

Even The Shining?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Well i read the book before the movie so when i saw the movie i was... not really dissapointed but......idk, i cant think of the right words. I love the movie,but the book is waaaayyyyyyy better,imo

I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.
My very first thought was: WHAT THE HECK!??!?!?!?!

At first I thought it was way overrated (I still think it is, but not that much), and only the background world and language that was created was really interesting.
But time goes by and I'm now growing fonder and fonder of this movie...

Real horrorshow

i didnt get it first time round but with watching the dvd extras and interviews it made more sense and have got an appreciation for it.

My thoughts after that mindboggling final scene were: This may be one of the greatest movies I've ever seen.

And now my thoughts are: This is one of the greatest movies I've seen in my life.

An astonishing, mindblowing headbutt of a movie.

At first I was a bit like 'what the?' but then as I kept watching I got pulled in more and more. And then next thing I knew I was putting it on again and again.

OMG, I saw that movie when I was in high school.............in the 70's. It scared the heck out of me............gave me nightmares......ugh!

Because I was younger I was actually a little disturbed by this movie. Of course I rarely saw movies with this much nudity so it was a little bit of a shock. However as I watched it when I was older I immediately picked up on the deeper message the movie delivers. Kubrick is a creepy kind of genius!

Kubrick put out a masterpiece with 2001, his best film ever. Then he follows it up with this?

Clockwork Orange was just awful. This and Eyes Wide Shut are two movies that should be erased and wiped from existence as to not tarnish this genius' record.