Australia; Alfred Hitchcock Week

Tools    

The Elected Movie Eliminator
If you've got Foxtel, then starting from Monday we've got two weeks of Hitchcock's best movies. Vertigo, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, all of the classics that redefined the genre "suspense".

Fox Classics.

Welcome to the human race...
I think I'll have to end up passing on this, even though I do have Foxtel. Just too busy, sorry.

The Elected Movie Eliminator
So, what did you think of it RB? Have you seen many Hitchcock films? Do you like them?
It was good. No masterpiece, but entertaining. I have seen about two or three Hitchcock films. Rear Window is on tonight, but I have already seen this.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Hitchcock is the master of suspense! Notorious is my favorite. I really like all the ones he did with Cary Grant. Except Suspicion really.

I just happened to watch Frenzy for the first time tonight. It was stellar; second-tier Hitchcock, but that's still better than most directors' first tier.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Frenzy seems to be a film which freaks some people out because they just don't think that Hitch should show such explicit sex and nudity. Family Plot also freaked out people because they thought Hitch shouldn't use so many swear words. However, both movies were better and more commercial than anything he'd done since The Birds, so I, for one, was sad not just because he passed but because he seemed to be getting back up to snuff. So, honey, what do you think of The Lady Vanishes, Notorious and Rear Window?

I watched Frenzy like back in November, but don't remember it much. I do know that I liked it. Family Plot is another one of the Hitchcock films that has been sitting on my DVD shelves for months now.

My dad raised me on tons of great flicks, some of those were Vertigo, Rear Window, Psycho, and The Birds. Thank you dad.

MovieForums Extra
I've seen a few of Hitchcock's films and I think my two favorite are

Strangers on a Train

Dial M for Murder

If you've got Foxtel, then starting from Monday we've got two weeks of Hitchcock's best movies. Vertigo, Dial M For Murder, Rear Window, all of the classics that redefined the genre "suspense".

Fox Classics.
I don't need to i own all of his movies

... So, honey, what do you think of The Lady Vanishes, Notorious and Rear Window?
I don't think I've seen all of The Lady Vanishes and I was in my early teens when I 'saw' it last. I quite like Notorious (or is it Suspicion that I quite like? I always get those two confused for some reason.) I used to love Rear Window, but have liked it less so the last couple of times I watched it. I'm not sure why, but I got a little 'tired' of it. Not bored, but tired. It's one of the films in the Hitchcock boxset that I bought recently and I'm working my way through, but I've not reached it yet. I'll try and get it watched soon so I can give you an answer.