The Lion King DVD

Tools    

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Why the hell is it so hard to get? There is not a new DVD release until 2001 at the earliest.

a Blu-ray release/DVD re-release of The Lion King is not expected until 2011 the earliest.
The newest DVD release is currently out of print, and luckily enough to get it off E-bay for $20.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Disney periodically "retires" all their animated films, and then they rerelease them several years later for a brief amount of time.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Why the hell is it so hard to get? There is not a new DVD release until 2001 at the earliest.
I have to wait till 8 years ago?

Suspect's Reviews

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I have to wait till 8 years ago?
That blasted time machine took him back too far.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by RagingBull
There is not a new DVD release until 2001 at the earliest.
Don't fly anywhere on September 11th of that year.

Lion King is a good cartoon, i love it. sure we can learn from this movie no matter you're a kid or adult.

Lion King is a good cartoon, i love it. sure we can learn from this movie no matter you're a kid or adult.
Totally agree!

This is by far one of my favorite offerings from Disney!

From the brilliant animation to some excellent vocal work (particularly Rowan Atkinson, Jeremy Irons, Robert Guillaume, Whoopi Goldberg, Nathan Lane & Ernie Sabella) to the unforgettable music by Hans Zimmer, Tim Rice & Elton John (righfully Oscar-winning), this is a superior piece of work.

Love it, love it , LOVE IT!!!

You want to post like me?
I grew up with the Danish version of it. Luckily they casted brilliant Danish singers to voice the singing roles and they did a really good job with the translation also. Otherwise they would've ruined it for me and I would've really missed out.
Every kid should see The Lion King, because every kid can identify with the Simba character.There is no beating this film, cartoon-wise, in my opinion.

Oh and I have no idea where you can get the DVD, sorry.

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Calling The Lion King as a "cartoon" gives it a "cheap" feeling. It's more like a masterpiece in animation.

You want to post like me?
Calling The Lion King as a "cartoon" gives it a "cheap" feeling. It's more like a masterpiece in animation.
That's crap dude. A cartoon is a cartoon. The way you put it sounds like you think cartoons can't be masterpieces. You can call it whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that The Lion King... Is a cartoon.
Like calling Watchmen a 'graphic novel'. It's a freakin' comic, m'kay... A great comic, but still a comic. It's pretentious bullsh*t, and pointless at that.