Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Conjuring 2 (2016)

Clearly worse than the first but still very decent modern horror. Too long, case has too much connections to Warrens and some scares seem too random and forced.

Stations of the Cross

Second viewing =

Snooze factor = Zzzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Jackass The Movie (2002): 8.5/10
Huge Jackass Fan and love the show, only complaint is the film could've been longer. (Even though they probably cut down footage due to the MPAA jerks)

At Eternity's Gate (2018)

Willem Dafoe’s Vincent Van Gogh was the performance of 2018. The film itself was modest in scope, almost boutique in feel, which, added to the fact that there were no social justice or fashionable causes advocated, may have caused the Academy members to pass over this unique and striking performance.

Doc’s rating: 9/10
Funny, I had no idea Dafoe plays Van Gogh, nor that this film even existed. So I suppose I will copy you now and see this based on your recommendation.

The Houses October Built 2 (2017)

Recovering from the trauma of being kidnapped last Halloween by the Blue Skeleton, a group who take "extreme haunt" to another level head back out on the road to visit more haunted house attractions when signs of the Blue Skeleton start appearing again and a new terror begins

exactly what I wanted from a sequel to the first movie

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Unregistered User

Ghost Stories (2017)

Had been really looking forward to this after missing out on it in the cinemas. Has some quite effective jump scares, Martin Freeman was great as usual and I absolutely loved the ending. I usually like Paul Whitehouse but he was miscast here, I found his character annoying. Aside from the scare jumps, there wasn't anything remotely scary or disturbing which was a real disappointment. Overall this was quite a let down for me.

Kill List (2011)

One of my most watched horror and a favourite one too. Hopefully enough people here have seen it to get it on the countdown.

+

Ghost Stories (2017)

Had been really looking forward to this after missing out on it in the cinemas. Has some quite effective jump scares, Martin Freeman was great as usual and I absolutely loved the ending. I usually like Paul Whitehouse but he was miscast here, I found his character annoying. Aside from the scare jumps, there wasn't anything remotely scary or disturbing which was a real disappointment. Overall this was quite a let down for me.

Was going to watch this one last night. I've had the disc for about two weeks just haven't gotten around to it. Heard some good things about it and I really enjoy a good ghost story so its kind of a bummer to hear most of it's scares are of the jump variety.

Welcome to the human race...
Mauvais sang -

at least now I know where Frances Ha got the "Modern Love" scene from

Thought everything outside of the rock climbing was a bit dull. Very impressive what he accomplished.

A one star movie that I will generously bump up to four because it's that bad. Gets the sex and nudity out of the way in the first 20 min. then it's just slow moving zombies attacking a house with a few people in it. Horribly, excellent dubbing and dialogue along the lines of Resident Evil 1 on PS1, creepiest "kid' in the world and it's gory in a Herschell Gordon Lewis way. Get some buddies and some drinks and have at it.

Lemmon and Matthau were a one of a kind team...this movie still makes me laugh out loud.

A lovely musical...the impressive film debut of Shirley Jones, the incomparable choreography of Agnes DeMille and the always watchable Gloria Grahame...still a winner.

Unregistered User
Was going to watch this one last night. I've had the disc for about two weeks just haven't gotten around to it. Heard some good things about it and I really enjoy a good ghost story so its kind of a bummer to hear most of it's scares are of the jump variety.

Still worth a watch though. I'm probably a bit desensitized when it comes to horror films. If you are into ghost stories then you'll like it.

V
Kill List (2011)

One of my most watched horror and a favourite one too. Hopefully enough people here have seen it to get it on the countdown.

+
This film is a really popular one among horror fans and a lot of seem to really like it. I found it rather bad when I saw it. I kind of feel like I have to watch it again some day.