Aladdin (Live Action)

Tools    

When I think If Jafar On screen its not per say ethnicly right per say. When I think of a Live Action Jafar I think of Ben Kingsly, Jeremy Irons or Gary Oldman. Not sure why I think of Jafar as British .

My beef with Hollywood is that they have always typically cast characters who are of Arab ethnicity by actors who were not Arab at all, and they (those Arabic characters) were always pictured in a negative light.

Recently, I've realized there's been a shift. Now Arabic characters are pictured in a more positive light, and are played by actual Arabic actors.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Damn, this Kazaam remake looks lit.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

The truth is in here
I started chuckling as soon as I saw Will Smith's hairdo.

Other than that, this looks like a sorry mess. Why couldn't they use mo-cap to keep the genie blue?

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I realize this movie is not for me, even though I grew up with the original. Why do I say this? The picture of a blue Will Smith.

Welcome to the human race...
At least now we know what Bright would've been like if Smith had played the orc.

I thought that Will Smith's appearance turned out better than I expected. I knew it would be some level of weird.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Disney is slapping the face of my childhood.

Suspect's Reviews

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Will Smith looks hideous there. Is that make up or CGI on his face?

As for the casting, I'm surprised how many unknown actors they went with, as I have never heard of these actors before, aside from Will Smith. It's not a bad thing, but it's different since Hollywood usually likes to cast named actors. Any particular reason why they didn't with this movie?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Personally, I'd rather see Sinbad cast as the genie. I'm not joking btw.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

This might just do nobody any good.
As for the casting, I'm surprised how many unknown actors they went with, as I have never heard of these actors before, aside from Will Smith. It's not a bad thing, but it's different since Hollywood usually likes to cast named actors. Any particular reason why they didn't with this movie?
Not a lot movies stars of MENA descent, but, primarily, this is clearly not being sold on the names of the performers, rather the familiarity of the property.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Will Smith looks hideous there. Is that make up or CGI on his face?

China runs the world now pony.

Definitely doesn't give me "it's a Disney production" vibe. The casting does seem off, among other things. But against my better judgment I'll still be watching it.

So basically, animation and live-action movies are covered by different guilds and unions, the original writers and the song writers of the 1992 movie get nothing from this movie.
Nothing.
Not a penny.
Probably not even a mention in the credits.

Just like all the other animated Disney movies recently remade in live-action.

So not only does this look like a hollow pile of free money for Disney's suits, (like Dumbo, Beauty & The Beast, The Jungle Book, Alice In Wonderland and all the other animations-turned-live-action), but Will Smith is no Robin Williams.