Favorite Time Travel Movies

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
What are some of your favorite time travel movies?

Some of my faves are:
The Time Machine (1960)
Time After Time (1979)
The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)
Back to the Future (1985)
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)
Somewhere in Time (1980)
The Final Countdown (1980)
Frequency (1999)

Back To The Future 1 and 2 , T2 and The new X-men : Days Of The Future Past is also pretty good

Let the night air cool you off
After some googling, I've been reminded of some great movies. Some of these might not fit the technical definition of "time travel movie" though.

Safety Not Guaranteed
Source Code
Planet of the Apes
Army of Darkness

First ones that come to mind (I'm sure there are others):

Primer
Timecrimes

The Time Machine (1960)
Back to the Future trilogy

After some googling, I've been reminded of some great movies. Some of these might not fit the technical definition of "time travel movie" though.

Safety Not Guaranteed
Source Code
Planet of the Apes
Army of Darkness

"Source Code" is another good one that I forgot about.

Twelve Monkeys

Lost in Space (the movie) which I will pair up with:
Land of the Lost (the movie)

FreeJack (yes Mick can act)

Just to name a few that I've seen and like.

Twelve Monkeys

Lost in Space (the movie) which I will pair up with:
Land of the Lost (the movie)

FreeJack (yes Mick can act)

Just to name a few that I've seen and like.

Hi Rules, I haven't seen the "Lost in Space" movie because I heard it was kind of lame. Is it really worth seeing?

And I used to watch the old TV show "Land of the Lost", but I haven't seen the "Land of the Lost" movie for two reasons. (1) There were some big bug-like things in the trailer that really turned me off of it, and (2) I usually hate Will Ferrell's movies. I think the only movie that I liked that he was in was "Bewitched", and surprisingly he didn't annoy me as much in that movie as he normally does. (Capt. recommended it, so I gave it a chance.)

I actually like Will Ferrell in films, but then I like Jack Black too.

Land of the Lost was a fun type movie, not particularly gory or anything. I use to LOVE the Land of the Lost tv show, so it was good fun to see the movie. It's not an actual squeal to the tv show...which I think, works out well in this case.

Lost in Space, I liked it too. The first part is much different than the latter scenes with Will and Dr Smith. I thought the actresses who played Penny was so good, that I had high hopes that Star Trek Enterprise might cast her as a young ensign, who's more accident prone and goofy than most ST personal.

Sadly the producers didn't listen to me

I actually like Will Ferrell in films, but then I like Jack Black too.

Land of the Lost was a fun type movie, not particularly gory or anything. I use to LOVE the Land of the Lost tv show, so it was good fun to see the movie. It's not an actual squeal to the tv show...which I think, works out well in this case.

Lost in Space, I liked it too. The first part is much different than the latter scenes with Will and Dr Smith. I thought the actresses who played Penny was so good, that I had high hopes that Star Trek Enterprise might cast her as a young ensign, who's more accident prone and goofy than most ST personal.

Sadly the producers didn't listen to me

Jack Black is okay, but something about Will Ferrell really annoys me.

I watched "Land of the Lost" when I was a kid, and I even have the series on DVD, but my favorite Kroft shows were "H.R. Pufnstuf" and "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters". I'd love to see them make movies from those shows. I'm not too interested in seeing the "Land of the Lost" movie because of Will Ferrell, but I have to admit, the dinosaurs in the trailer looked pretty cool.

But I'll give the "Lost in Space" movie a try.