MoFo Health Thread

Tools    

Unregistered User
I haven't run since lockdown, but in 2018 my children started doing these 5k weekly parkruns with my wife's auntie. Soon enough I ended up going and getting right into it, lol. My first time was 29mins 29 seconds and I was almost physically sick at the end which spurred me on to get fitter.

After that I ran 2-3 times a week and got my time down to 24mins 04 seconds (official parkrun time) and 23mins 45 seconds (unofficially on a 5k non parkrun) before the lockdown was enforced.

I am hoping to get back into it when my kids go back to school.
Also congrats on a time 3 hours 33mins, that's a good time for someone who's only recently started running.

Thanks Tequila and good work on your 5k! I'm fully onboard with Parkrun, I think its a great idea. I'm always busy on a Saturday morning unless we are away for the weekend so have ran more in other locations than my home one. I think I actually heard its starting up again in England in October?

Started doing some trail running and really enjoying it these days. Entered a half marathon trail end of this month, hoping it stays on!

Unregistered User
I am hopeless at dates. Within the last decade, for sure. Ten years maybe?

Literally woke up one morning & declared myself vegetarian. Was never too keen on meat though I ate it, but studying factory farming online made the decision for me. I am not vegan & I see no harm in an animal having a nice life & then being speedily killed for its meat (though I couldn’t do this), but I don’t want any part of animal cruelty.

Vegans are hyper-judgmental, but many farmers make a living out of raising cattle, etc. so I try to stay out of that debate.

It just occurred to me that you may be vegan?

yep lol

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I respect anyone who is vegan, but it’s way too complicated for me. No wool, no leather, no sugar. Just to name 3 things vegans avoid.

Vegans on Twitter are awful. Never come across such a sanctimonious bunch.

Okay, so 13 miles (more or less) is the length of Manhattan north to south. Amazing you could run that in 90 minutes. You’re faster than Über!

Try to draw something next time.
Yeah, drawing whilst running surely has to at least slow him down a bit and make it slightly less embarrassing for some of us how much quicker than us he is

Mebbe start with something like Van Gogh's Sunflowers and gradually work your way up to Bosch's Triptych of the Temptation of St. Anthony.

You ready? You look ready.
I respect anyone who is vegan, but it’s way too complicated for me. No wool, no leather, no sugar. Just to name 3 things vegans avoid.

All I know is if they are using gasoline to power their car then they ain't a true vegan. Think of the dinosaurs!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

All I know is if they are using gasoline to power their car then they ain't a true vegan. Think of the dinosaurs!
Ha. I was thinking this morning on my walk as to whether every vegan really is vegan. I bet a ton of them don’t know sugar is not vegan.

You ready? You look ready.
Ha. I was thinking this morning on my walk as to whether every vegan really is vegan. I bet a ton of them don’t know sugar is not vegan.
Funnily enough. If these vegans had been around when homo sapiens first appeared. Well, they wouldn't have survived.

A system of cells interlinked

Try the Twitter knitting community. Those people are total savages.

Definitely agree with this. There's a reason people say "Alright, don't get your twitters in a knit!" when they are telling someone to calm down.

Not to mention they have sharp knitting needles.

Unregistered User
Okay, so 13 miles (more or less) is the length of Manhattan north to south. Amazing you could run that in 90 minutes. You’re faster than Über!

Thanks Stirchley. Will take that comment on board re. Uber. Might be a business idea there somewhere.

Adam was vegan. Eve was made from one of his ribs, so...animal cruelty.
So you’re saying Adam was an “animal”? A remark like that could get you stoned in certain countries.

Thanks Stirchley. Will take that comment on board re. Uber. Might be a business idea there somewhere.
Rickshaw driver? Or puller, whatever those guys are called.