Pets

Tools    

Here in Pennsylvania ... And if you want chickens, you have to check with your local municipality. Some allow chickens in your yard; others do not.
At least where I live in Connecticut chickens are allowed. One can have 5 only & no roosters.

As I walk around I do hear roosters. Spanish people like them.

The Adventure Starts Here!
At least where I live in Connecticut chickens are allowed. One can have 5 only & no roosters.

As I walk around I do hear roosters. Spanish people like them.
As an avowed night owl, I can assure you that the "no roosters" clause is a necessary one.

As an avowed night owl, I can assure you that the "no roosters" clause is a necessary one.
Not only because of their racket though - the city doesn’t want chickens everywhere.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The fun thing about guinea pigs (compared to other rodents as pets) is that they have no tails (NO tails, not just short tails) and they are NOT at all agile. So I don't need a lid on their cage, and they can't crawl out. I've been known to accidentally leave the cage door open and they are still there in the morning, staring at me in horror as if to say, "Are you trying to KILL us with that open door?"

Carl and Steve when they were babies (Carl is under the hammock; Steve is in the hammock; and that's the front cage door open--horrors!:

If guinea pigs aren't agile, how did Steve get in the hammock?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Bob the guinea pig, singing (May 16, 2016):

My sister had guinea pigs when we were kids, and they always made annoying squeaking noises. (That's why I never want one as a pet.)

I've never heard a guinea pig make that singing sound.

The Adventure Starts Here!
My sister had guinea pigs when we were kids, and they always made annoying squeaking noises. (That's why I never want one as a pet.)

I've never heard a guinea pig make that singing sound.
Yeah, the squeaking (called "wheeking" by most folks) is what they do normally. The chirping/singing I recorded is a very different sound.

As for the hammock, they can kinda hop/climb onto the top of their pigloos or into a hammock like this, but that is by far the extent of their agility. I could completely take the top off their cage and they'd never get out. Just about any other rodent could climb or hop out. They can't. And really, they mostly don't even want to. They have the instincts of prey animals and therefore love to hide inside boxes and pigloos and other hidey spots. Usually UNDER the hammock is a favorite spot because they're covered better.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

Recently adopted these two. I don't know what kind of treatment the black one endured, but he is scared of his own shadow. They belonged to an old lady that ended up in hospital and will probably die. Her niece tried to find someone to take them but the black one is hard, doesn't trust anyone and cries all the time, the people who took him ended up giving him back. They were both looking at a hidden cat, that's another problem I'll have to solve, they don't like cats, and chickens, or anything that moves that's smaller than them.

They were both looking at a hidden cat, that's another problem I'll have to solve, they don't like cats, and chickens, or anything that moves that's smaller than them.
At least at first until they both feel safe, don’t let them outside unleashed. Take them out for their walks with you on a leash. This way they can’t run after anything.

Rescue animals, depending on the circumstances, need a lot of understanding & patience.

Kudos to you for adopting them.

16 years old. She's been fighting a thyroid thing for years and it finally got the best of her. The last couple weeks were rough. She was our "Little Girl". Smallest cat we had by far but, holy cow, would the boys avoid going near her part of the house!

Sorry to read of your loss, she looks like she was feisty but adorable.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Yeah, sorry for the loss there =\ Beautiful lil fluffy kitty!! She has a look in that second pic that she could hold her own in most situations. Thanks for sharing.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

16 years old. She's been fighting a thyroid thing for years and it finally got the best of her. The last couple weeks were rough. She was our "Little Girl". Smallest cat we had by far but, holy cow, would the boys avoid going near her part of the house!

OMG THEY SOO CUTE!!!!