Concert Tab

Tools    

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Los Lonely Boys - I find their guitarist very self-indulgent and off the mark (all flash and noise, no emotion or craft) and their lyrics aren't that great. However, the rhythm section is EXCELLENT! and they performed their frickin' hearts out, so I can't really fault them much. Plus it was a priceless moment when the guitarist strummed the first chord of "Heaven" and stopped as the crowd erupted and a big smile () spread slowly across his face.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I recently went to see the Arcade Fire and it turned out to be the best gig i'd ever been to. They have so much energy, presence and not to mention a fan-bloody-tastic album to ride on. I didn't expect the album to come across that well on stage but I was wrong, I was frozen in awe from the first song.

I'm off to see Sigur Ros next month, can't wait.

I went to a Metric concert last night. Can't hear a thing except a loud ringing, but after shaking Emily Haines hand I don't care.

I haven't been to see anything for ages

Originally Posted by nebbit
I haven't been to see anything for ages
don't cry m'dear, go buy a ticket, go to a concert, and have oodles of fun.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Crooked Fingers. I was kind of surprised. I got there thinking it would be a whole band gig, but it was just Eric Bachmann and a guitar. But it was good, sometimes great. I loved his guitar playing in several songs and the songs and his performance were overall good. I bought a t-shirt. It was too big.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................

Randomly visiting for now
FOO FIGHTERS

I was so jazzed to be going and I had great seats too sitting 3rd row from the floor. I was contemplating going for general admin tickets but my friends who went with me aren't as big a fans as i am so wouldn't want to mosh as much as I did. I still had an awesome time anyway.

Songs like 'all my life', 'monkey wrench' and 'best of you' really got the crowd jumping and screaming. Then slower stuff like 'big me' got everyone singing along and Dave Growl said some hilarious stuff to the crowd all through it. Then when he did an acoustic version of Everlong I almost died in happiness and the whole stadium sang along and got into it. It was a really ballanced show overall and had all the key elements of a good gig.

I'll give it a 4/5 but only just a 4 because some of the songs weren't their best performances and there wasn't quite enough crowd interaction for my liking, i.e. chants to the crowd or talking with indiviidual people. great fun anyway

p.s. I am seeing Coldplay in July and will be sure to review u up about that too!

In the Beginning...
I saw Rob Thomas and Anna Nalick in concert recently. Good show, especially since the ticket was free. I'm not really a fan of either, but a friend had an extra ticket (the object of his affection cancelled on him). I kinda owed him one, so I went along in her place. The show was well-done, entertaining, and Anna Nalick accidentally flashed her thong at the crowd.

Just home from seeing Regina Spektor at the Limelight in Belfast.

Regina, as usual just wonderful, beautiful, thrilling and quirky. I just wish the Belfast crowd were not such ______. (fill in the space using a very insulting word).

The last concert I went to was for Muse. Let me just tell you this, they are the best live act today bar none. I never thought Bellamy could sing like he did on the records live, but surprise surprise. And he's a great guitarist and pianist as well. What can't that guy do?

Ground Control To Major Thom
Originally Posted by ecardica
The last concert I went to was for Muse. Let me just tell you this, they are the best live act today bar none. I never thought Bellamy could sing like he did on the records live, but surprise surprise. And he's a great guitarist and pianist as well. What can't that guy do?
I have to agree. I saw them when they played Earls Court just before Christmas 2004.

Ground Control To Major Thom
Originally Posted by Ophelia

Regina, as usual just wonderful, beautiful, thrilling and quirky. I just wish the Belfast crowd were not such ______. (fill in the space using a very insulting word).
I have not realised until I read this that you had made it, I am very glad that you did.

Originally Posted by Ophelia

What did they do to her? What did they do to my Regina???

The last two concerts I went to were:

The Mars Volta - Truly Awesome
Porcupine Tree - Another great band, nice small show!

stranger then a drunken mime
Children of Bodom

Inflames

Morrissey

He was very good. In fact, the man himself was fantastic - what a voice, what an incredible voice he's got. The band is good at what they do best - rock. In more delicate pop gems like "Girlfriend in a Coma" they are a bit heavy on the foot. But overall, it was a great experience. I think they performed 6-7 songs from the new album and 3 or 4 from "You Are the Quarry", which means that he has a lot of confidence in his new material - and he should have. Of course it would have been great if he had dug a bit deeper into his bottomless treasure chamber that he's built on his days with Marr & Co. as well as his earlier solo albums. But when the golden oldies did come, they crowd went mad.

Highlights:

"First of the Gang to Die" (opening number) You stand and wonder "Is this gonna be good or bad??"... Then Il Moz reveals himself on stage, a few unmistakable guitar chords, massive wall of sound and the opening line "You have never been in love.....". And you instantly know: "Yes, it is going to be good".

"Irish Blood, English Heart" The band seems to regard this as "Our Song" and really rocks out (in a good way). Morrissey delivers the lyrics like poisonous darts, aiming at "Labour, and Tories".

"How Soon is Now?". Pure religion.

Randomly visiting for now
I'm so frustrated about how long I have to wait to see the bands I love. I just got tickets to Arctic Monkeys! (i hope all the Americans know who they are, cause I know the brits will :P) and the concerts not till August. I have Colplay tickets for July and my Evermore tickets aren't till half way through May. I wonder why they sell so early.....sometimes I almost miss when they go on sale because there isn't much advertising 7 months before the show!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
I'm so frustrated about how long I have to wait to see the bands I love.
I know how you feel. so many concerts coming up...in two to three months. nothing right now though...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/