Deadpool

Tools    

I'm so excited, because my favorite superhero is getting a film! Deadpool!
It's scheduled for February 2016, and that's all we know for sure.
Leave your opinions, thoughts, and any knowledge you have about the films below!

It's being released as a spin-off of the current X-Men Universe... Deadpool was played by Ryan Reynoldsbut word as to whether he'll return to the role is unknown. Some sources say yes, others say no.

It has been known for the current X-Men Universe (X-Men, X2, X3, Origins, Wolverine, First Class and DOFP) to have cast swaps and even full on rewrites/ignorance of a previous version of the same character.

News in though, Fox are apparently open to the proper comic version of the character, instead of writing a watered down version to get arses on cinema seats... which means the possibility of a 15 or even an 18 rated movie.

I don't pay attention to websites' predictions. They've listed cast members in the past on films that are 3 or 4 years away and it never happens.

Last one I can remember was The Amazing Spider-Man 2. They had Irrfan Khan listed as Van Adder barely a week after the movie was announced.
Khan was in the first film as the Dr Ratha, the boss of Curt Connors, but he didn't even appear in Amazing 2. Apparently he was killed in Amazing but will now appear in Amazing 3.

Many websites have RnB singer Brandy listed in the cast sheet as one of the Beechwood family in Arachnophobia, even though she wasn't in the film.

The release date changes between sites as well.

Wiki and Variety say Feb 2nd.
Comic Book and Cosmic Book say Feb 12th.

That is Ryan Reynolds, it's him in test footage. Back in July he talked about the response of the footage. He said despite the overwhelming positive reaction to the footage there was still no more forward momentum on the film (Deadpool) but in a recent interview star Ryan Reynolds seems to indicate that the fanfare of it, certainly made them feel better about working on the project.

Flash forwarding to today where the film gets a release date..therefore, Ryan Reynolds is playing the character in the film.

Speculated to play the character then.

Test footage of an actor in a mask being well received doesn't necessarily mean said actor will be in the film. It just means that style was.
Reynolds was attached back in 2011, then again a year ago in October 2013... the confirmation and release date this past 24 hours though, hasn't actually had mention of Reynolds being part of it... only the mention of his first time around in Origins and the fact he was in the test footage from 2012.

I do hope he does though. Reynolds pretty much stole Origins (when he was able to talk).

It's good that it has a release date. I don't know if you've seen it but this is test footage that's been around for roughly 3-4 months now.

I don't even care if the whole movie is CGI animated. I loved this when it came out after comic con, it looks bad ass. Reynolds as the voice would be great. And lets face it, marvel can do whatever the F**K they want and get away with it.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

marvel can do whatever the F**K they want and get away with it.
It's 20th Century Fox who's making the film.

Speculated to play the character then.

That was back in July of this year, so I kind of think he's down pat for the role.

Yeah, by the way, the test footage was released a couple months ago, but was made in 2012 when Reynolds was still officially attached... but that doesn't mean he still is.

Yeah I know... what's making me dubious is as I said previously...

The X-Men films have a tendency to swap actors and even rewrite and ignore previous incarnations of characters from film to film.
DOFP tried to rectify the continuity errors though.

Yeah, Fox with Marvel, they've made all the other films together...

I had to check about an hour ago as I though X-Men, and Deadpool for that matter, were owned by Sony but Sony only owns Spider-Man/Amazing Spider-Man and characters within that Universe.

New Line used to have rights to Deadpool but it's been put back with Marvel/Fox.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I'm certainly very intrigued to see this one, and for reasons beyond just its comic book roots and the fact I love the character. I'm very interested to see just how far the filmmakers and the studio are willing to go with it in terms of violence, but also just to see if the anarchic sense of humour and frequent breaking of the fourth wall that is such a big part of the character on page will actually work on screen.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Comic movies are a big deal with me (hopeless action movie romantic that I am), but this is one that isn't moving the needle. I know that besides King Bat, Deadpool is the the internet's fave character. My main concern is over the rating. If this is not R rated, it seemingly would be very hard to pull off.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This is amazing news, I loved the test footage and if the film is all cgi like the test footage, I dont care. We need a decent comic book version of Deadpool in film and it has to be for a mature audience not a 12/pg13, Marvel take note!