Forrest Gump vs. The Truman Show.

Tools    

Account terminated on request
After watching Forrest Gump, having not seen it in quite a long time, I liked it more than I did before, and it went from just good, to great.
Yes, Gump is a great film.

It reminded me of The Truman Show for some reason at least in terms of tone. I would say that Forrest Gump is better for character development, especially two of the supporting characters, where as The Truman show has the better, more unique plot.

But what do you think?

You know, I've been thinking about this off and on, and I think I know why I too see the movies as parallel; it was kinda illusive.

Aren't they both about a guy, basically cared for as if a child, in a world outside of his own understanding, making his way into controling his own destiny?
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Both are great. I have to say Gump is a little better in my opinion but not taking anything away from Truman!!!

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I don't necessarily know how I'd compare them overall since it has been a while since I last watched either. Forrest Gump is more grandiose and extensive in its story-line, but I also remember it feeling disjointed and uneven, as though it wedged so many different ideas into it. Truman Show took something that felt simple and straightforward, and then, built its complexities around that simplicity of our perception of celebrity culture and stardom, and how far our obsession and invasion of people's lives can (theoretically) go.

I don't know absolutely which one I consider the better film, but, gun to my head, if I had to watch one, I would definitely choose The Truman Show.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Both are entertaining films but Truman Show has more to say. Gump meanders in its message and in the end doesn't really leave you with much