Things that annoy you...

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Me too, and my brakes last twice as long as many peoples brakes do.

I hate it when drivers speed up to a stop sign, looking like they're going to run it, then in the last 10 feet, slam on the brakes, ugh! Stupid people.

I hate when drivers speed up to a stop sign on a side street, so it looks like they're going to run the stop sign and turn into oncoming traffic on the main road, forcing the drivers on the main road to slam on their brakes.

Then there's the guy in front of you in a line of unmoving traffic at a red light - he leaves about 3 car spaces between him and the car in front of him... and every 5 seconds or so he pulls up about 6 inches, then stops, then waits for about 5 or 10 seconds, then moves up another 6 inches... and continues this bizarre behavior that appears to have no logical purpose until the light changes and traffic starts moving.

Why not just pull up behind the car in front of you and hold position? Why this inching up every few seconds? What's that supposed to accomplish?

They usually do that because they're texting at the red light, and not watching the light. They don't pull up all the way because they're not paying attention, and they don't want to run into the back of the car in front of them.

Here's something that annoys me. I've received several packages over the last few weeks, and I was home when they were delivered, but the packages sat outside for several hours because the delivery drivers couldn't take 2 seconds to ring the doorbell when they dropped off the packages.

I don't care if they don't want to wait for someone to answer the door, but it would be nice of they would at least ring the bell, (or knock on the door), just to let someone know to open the door and look outside.

Here's something that annoys me. I've received several packages over the last few weeks, and I was home when they were delivered, but the packages sat outside for several hours because the delivery drivers couldn't take 2 seconds to ring the doorbell when they dropped off the packages.

I don't care if they don't want to wait for someone to answer the door, but it would be nice of they would at least ring the bell, (or knock on the door), just to let someone know to open the door and look outside.
I bet that was UPS, am I right?

Too many people think that the right turn on red law means that they can just make a right turn when their light is red, and the oncoming traffic will just stop for them.
I’ve said many times that the legal right-hand turn on a red light is murder for pedestrians. So very many CT drivers will look LEFT & immediately make the right-hand turn even though I as a pedestrian have the crosswalk light. Many of them look flabbergasted that I would actually cross in front of them as though to say “what the heck are you doing there?”

When I went to visit my parents in Florida, there were a lot of moving cars that looked like there was nobody driving them, but when we drove past them and looked in the driver's seat, there was a small elderly person with gray hair, who could barely see over the dashboard, driving the car. My mother called them "q-tips" because all you could see from behind was the very top of their hair, and it looked like the top of a Q-tip.
Ha. And they drive HUGE cars since they’re still driving the same car they had when they were younger.

I bet that was UPS, am I right?

Nope. It was USPS. (It's happened 4 times in the past week.)

We tried having the sellers ship to our P.O. Box, but unfortunately the site we bought from doesn't allow P.O. Boxes. But I spoke to our postmaster today, and she told me a way to get around that, and have all future packages shipped there, so this shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Nope. It was USPS. (It's happened 4 times in the past week.)

We tried having the sellers ship to our P.O. Box, but unfortunately the site we bought from doesn't allow P.O. Boxes. But I spoke to our postmaster today, and she told me a way to get around that, and have all future packages shipped there, so this shouldn't be a problem in the future.
We use that service to with our P.O. Box, anything we buy can be shipped to our local post office and then we pick it up there. It works neat.

This reminds me - at my old house I had several packages destroyed by rain as the mail carriers would leave them on the porch while I was out and there was no roof or protection from the elements.

When I was forced to move, one good thing is the house I now reside in has a roof on the porch so I thought no more packages (usually books) destoryed by rain even if no one was home to bring them in.

Now I find... the carriers have left packages dangling off the top of the step because the address number is on the face of the top step - so they place the package right above it so they can take a photo of the package & house number together (I've seen them in delivery confirmation e-mails). They put the package right outside where the roof coverage ends, so they are in the direct rain. I have photos in e-mails from Amazon of my soaking wet box (with soaking wet books inside) sitting on the only exposed area of the porch - the front step above the house number!

This reminds me - at my old house I had several packages destroyed by rain as the mail carriers would leave them on the porch while I was out and there was no roof or protection from the elements.

When I was forced to move, one good thing is the house I now reside in has a roof on the porch so I thought no more packages (usually books) destroyed by rain even if no one was home to bring them in.

Now I find... the carriers have left packages dangling off the top of the step because the address number is on the face of the top step - so they place the package right above it so they can take a photo of the package & house number together (I've seen them in delivery confirmation e-mails). They put the package right outside where the roof coverage ends, so they are in the direct rain. I have photos in e-mails from Amazon of my soaking wet box (with soaking wet books inside) sitting on the only exposed area of the porch - the front step above the house number!

We had a package delivered to my in-laws' house a while back, and the UPS driver left the package on top of the trunk of their brand new car, in the middle of a snowstorm. By the time we got to it to bring it in, it was practically glued to the car from the cold weather.

Sometimes I wonder if these delivery drivers go through any training at all.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
The fact that Anime Ltd. has already announced the release date for the UK Blu-ray of Weathering with You but GKIDS is dragging their ass Stateside.

I hate when drivers speed up to a stop sign on a side street, so it looks like they're going to run the stop sign and turn into oncoming traffic on the main road, forcing the drivers on the main road to slam on their brakes.
As a pedestrian, I hate it when I am waiting to cross at a big intersection & not until the very last second does a car signal that it is making a turn & not actually driving past where I am standing. If this makes sense.

We had a package delivered to my in-laws' house a while back, and the UPS driver left the package on top of the trunk of their brand new car, in the middle of a snowstorm. By the time we got to it to bring it in, it was practically glued to the car from the cold weather.

Sometimes I wonder if these delivery drivers go through any training at all.
We have a locked front gate so I have UPS & USPS trained to simply chuck the packages over the fence. Works well except for the day when UPS chucked my husband’s new 22” TV set over the fence. I was terrified to open it, but it was okay.

Two DNKN things annoyed me today. Connecticut has gone into full panic mode with the virus & the DNKN on my block where I enjoy a daily snack & coffee will now not allow anyone to stay in the store. Everything is to go now. So I had to sit on a ledge outside of a broken-down old diner to sit & relax today with my coffee. Will be interested to see what other DNKN locations I go to are going to do now.

So later today I bought a small coffee at DNKN in our Stop & Shop supermarket. The young counterperson wore gloves (first time I have seen anyone at DNKN wear gloves), but she constantly touched her nose & played with her long braids. WTH! You can’t wear a single pair of gloves all day! So I asked her to change her gloves & she had no problem with this. People are getting pulled into a false sense of security by wearing latex gloves. Drives me nuts at DNKN when they put the lid on one’s coffee with their bare hands.

Two DNKN things annoyed me today. Connecticut has gone into full panic mode with the virus & the DNKN on my block where I enjoy a daily snack & coffee will now not allow anyone to stay in the store. Everything is to go now. So I had to sit on a ledge outside of a broken-down old diner to sit & relax today with my coffee. Will be interested to see what other DNKN locations I go to are going to do now.

So later today I bought a small coffee at DNKN in our Stop & Shop supermarket. The young counterperson wore gloves (first time I have seen anyone at DNKN wear gloves), but she constantly touched her nose & played with her long braids. WTH! You can’t wear a single pair of gloves all day! So I asked her to change her gloves & she had no problem with this. People are getting pulled into a false sense of security by wearing latex gloves. Drives me nuts at DNKN when they put the lid on one’s coffee with their bare hands.
Gloves worn by food handlers never seems to stop them from picking their nose as they serve food. Until this pandemic is over, no fast food or coffee drinks for me. Luckily I have a little espresso machine which has saved me $1000s of dollars.

As a pedestrian, I hate it when I am waiting to cross at a big intersection & not until the very last second does a car signal that it is making a turn & not actually driving past where I am standing. If this makes sense.
Makes perfect sense - signals are not just for other cars but for pedestrians as well.
As an avid walker I'm constantly saying "nice signal!" sarcastically during my daily constitutional at cars who forced me to stop my cadence because they didn't signal when turning!

Drivers are supposed to signal for any move they make outside of going straight regardless of if there are any other cars around or people they can see (because there may always be someone nearby they didn't notice who's safety is dependent on knowing which way they're going to accelerate their metal multi-ton death machine) - when they don't signal, they're breaking the law.

⬆️ And what about those idiots who drive without lights? Not in the pitch dark, of course, but when it’s twilight or just before dawn. Lights are needed!

We have a locked front gate so I have UPS & USPS trained to simply chuck the packages over the fence. Works well except for the day when UPS chucked my husband’s new 22” TV set over the fence. I was terrified to open it, but it was okay.

I hope the box was a basic brown box, or something similar, so he didn't know what was in the box. I'd hate to think anyone would be so stupid that they would throw a TV set over a fence and expect it to be okay.

⬆️ Hard to say. As it was a 22 inch, probably could tell from the weight & feel that it was something electronic.

Just to add to the general malaise, it’s snowing today. It’s only the 2nd time it has snowed in Connecticut this year, but it’s still annoying.