Happy Town

Tools    

Anyone catch the season premiere of this new horror series from ABC? Breezed thru it on hulu, and despite some of the initial criticisms, I have to say I found it intriguing. Nice that it has Sam Neill, Amy Ackers, the panamanian from Prison Break S3 and M.C. Gainey (Mr. Friendly from Lost) - now THAT dude can really do creepy very well (as was seen in the pilot).

Dont really want to give anything away if you may watch it, but suffice to say they really start the show off with a BANG.

Im placing this one right up there with Harper's Island on eye candy and aesthetic scene beauty status - and given that we dont have too much chiller/horror on tv, Im all for another go 'round!

I gave this a try and it was kind of slow at first. But eventually when it picked up its not that bad. It did draw me in to get me to want to come back next week though. Which is good

I think the weight of negativity i've seen on this, and in fact only criticism, has put me right off. Let us kno if it does pick up later on, do like the cast....

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
From what ive read on this it looks like a show I would enjoy. Will have to give it a go

Ok, wow. This show just took a turn for crazy stupid, and its only the 2nd episode. Im mean, is it me?? What kind of backwards, stupid, lame, idiotic moron would
WARNING: "blah blah blah" spoilers below
be ok with discovering that his best friend since 3rd grade was a psycho stalker-murderer? AND THEN COVER IT UP? Oh, and WHILE HE WAS THE SHERIFF? This doesnt even make common sense. How are people who are supposed to be civil servants/upholders of the law/protectors of the innocent, be so cavalier with the lives of the people they are supposed to protect? I mean - I guess old dude who was gruesomely murdered by the Sheriff's buddy didnt deserve the protection of the law. That's like 2 steps up from a country lynching of people the majority of the populace "just dont like."

*snaps fingers with a snide smirk* Oh, you know what, I get it. When he woke up that morning and put his shoes on, he forgot to also don his moral compass. These things happen in small towns. Uh. huh.

Gosh yeah! We all feel you bub. *nods knowingly* That massive burden of daddy's responsibility is just so freaking heavy. And now youre just under so much pressure - youre just so broken up about this moral dilemma with your murde-, I mean buddy, that you need to sit this one out and contemplate whether you really want to do your FREAKING JOB AND ARREST MURDERERS!

I dunno. *shrugs* Maybe its just me, but the writing on this one was godawful. If they want to go that route, they should have wrote him as a darker character from jump.

Oh, Amy Ackers. What are you or even your character doing with such a dimwitted loser?

yes it has. in fact, i've already figured out who the bad guy is, unless the show jumps the shark even further.

Ok, this is prolly just me being anal, but it shocked me that the title for this latest episode was named "Slight of Hand."

Does anyone else see that?

There is no such thing as "SLIGHT of hand" - its supposed to be "SLEIGHT of hand." The two words are mutually exclusive. Lest I badmouth them and be wrong, I immediately checked them both on merriam-webster, and by golly, I was right!

Wow. I cant believe that ABC execs let a typo of this magnitude escape notice.

It could be intended and have a meaning to it..
I have seen this tons of time in TV Series.. where a popular saying/term is expressed in a different way..

Here in this case it could mean, being weak or delicate of hand??.. I don't know, but you could be right.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yes. I don't watch the show, but "slight" of hand could mean missing at least one hand. Maybe somebody got an arm lopped off or worse...

yes, that would be the point. a hand was lopped off, and one sent back in this ep. still. i guess i just cant bring myself to give ABC enough credit for that kind of subtlety.

best quotes of this ep......wait for it.......

"..did you just take the scenic route to calling me dumb?"

and

"the same way I do everything. with ease."

i honestly think that the mayor and the sheriff (the old guy from lost) created the magic man. nuff said.

Random note: i can remember reading that Stephen King completely bashed this show. Interesting to note that there is now a new summer show called Haven on the SyFy channel that is based on SK's Colorado Kid. Looks scarier, and you cant help but wonder if its like SK's "answer" to Happy Town.

well. i guess they made him mad?