YouTube Is Probably Going To Die

Tools    

A bucket of anxiety

What this has to do with film is that reviewers on YouTube such as myself tend to talk about children's films but not in a manner that is child friendly. YMS' review of Cool Cat Saves The Kids for example. And some of us use cartoon avatars to talk about films that are either family friends or not for kids at all. And I can imagine that it just wouldn't be easy for people who animated their own films which again aren't very PG. This would also be a detriment to creators who animate film parodies like HISHE and Starbomb. And sure you could just pass it off as "just make family friendly content" or "just make hilariously inappropriate videos that don't look any thing like it's for kids," but it's not that simple with vague terms like, "vibrant colors." So what I'm saying is, I hope you don't have any connections with anyone on YouTube because I think it's going down the crapper if this comes to pass.

A bucket of anxiety
https://www.regulations.gov/comment?...2019-0054-0001
^ This was the link in his description. I doubt anyone will listen because they usually never do but it's always worth a shot. The link hasn't been working for me but it might just be my computer unless the old guys were sick of getting yelled at by all the youngins who actually know what they're talking about in regards to pop culture and constitutes as child-friendly content.

Yeah, not going to watch a 21 minute video...can you paraphrase what the video is about? I'm guessing it's about purposed government regulations on video content? Or is it something Youtube themselves are wanting to do?

It seems from your 1st post that someone is trying to stop Youtube reviewers from doing R rated reviews of PG rated movies? Is that it? I guess I need more details before I comment on it.

A bucket of anxiety
Yeah, not going to watch a 21 minute video...can you paraphrase what the video is about? I'm guessing it's about purposed government regulations on video content? Or is it something Youtube themselves are wanting to do?

It seems from your 1st post that someone is trying to stop Youtube reviewers from doing R rated reviews of PG rated movies? Is that it? I guess I need more details before I comment on it.
It's a legal action against content creators who make stuff that looks like it's for kids. If it's a cartoon, a bright color pallet or anything the FTC believes it kid like or would attract kids in anyway they can take it down and fine the creator up to $42k

It's a legal action against content creators who make stuff that looks like it's for kids. If it's a cartoon, a bright color pallet or anything the FTC believes it kid like or would attract kids in anyway they can take it down and fine the creator up to $42k
I think I'd be against that. It should be on Youtube shoulders to mark content for adults as not being kid appropriate. It shouldn't be illegal or be a $fine for the video creators.

Also answers to Jabba
So a colossal company worth billions is using authoritative measures to control its users? Stop the presses!

Additionally, is your conclusion that the billion-dollar company is going to crash and burn because of this? Which universe did I wake up in?

The trick is not minding
Side note, nothing to do with anything, but the co- creator of you tube, Chad Hurley, graduated from my HS. Didn’t really know him, I was more friendly with his brother Brent.

On topic, I seriously doubt this spells the end of You Tube. There are far more uses than the type you described above for it.

A bucket of anxiety
So a colossal company worth billions is using authoritative measures to control its users? Stop the presses!

Additionally, is your conclusion that the billion-dollar company is going to crash and burn because of this? Which universe did I wake up in?
The users will probably leave and how is the company supposed to function without its users?

A bucket of anxiety
Side note, nothing to do with anything, but the co- creator of you tube, Chad Hurley, graduated from my HS. Didn’t really know him, I was more friendly with his brother Brent.

On topic, I seriously doubt this spells the end of You Tube. There are far more uses than the type you described above for it.
Yeah, but I also have it posted on movieforums so...
Also, anything could be considered enticing to children so it is a huge deal

A bucket of anxiety

Also, it's law not just YouTube

The truth is in here
Yep. YouTube has been dying more and more, but this will destroy it if it doesn't get stopped. So many of my favorite channels are in the risk zone of getting completely f'ucked. I'm worried about my own as well.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I've been asked recently by youtube to select whether or not the content is for kids, but to have to choose between adult and kids is just so black and white. That's like only having a G and R rating, with no PG, or PG-13 in between. So how do you decide really if your content is right in between kids and adult, but you can only select one?

The truth is in here
I'd say most of the content on YouTube is actually teen-oriented, so the fact that you can only choose between those two extremes is so inherently flawed many won't know what to pick. I haven't tagged a single one of my videos so far, I dread having to do it one day. I might just stop uploading instead.

(Full Disclosure: I do have a YouTube channel called "Drunk Doctor Who" where a friend and I watch Doctor Who while we are drinking and then talk about it afterwards while we are drunk.)

I watched the whole video. I understand where he is coming from and I do think that the government is messing in something that it does not understand (as it usually does). Have these people never seen "Fritz the Cat'? or "Wizards" or "Heavy Metal"? Not all cartoons are for kids.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
One thing about youtube I don't like now is that there is so many advertisements on there, and I feel they have sold out, since they prided themselves, on being a non-advertisment platform before.

A bucket of anxiety
One thing about youtube I don't like now is that there is so many advertisements on there, and I feel they have sold out, since they prided themselves, on being a non-advertisment platform before.
And because of them, the law wants ads to be censored