of Music Media

Tools    

Originally Posted by Purandara88
Which of course explains how George W. Bush was twice elected President of the United States of America.
The Republican party's policies are good for quite a few people. High earners, entrepreneurs, the moral majority, the military and racists to name a few. But that's a different topic.

I tend to beleive that a social darwinism will go to work on any new fad. Eventually only the best and most relentlessly self-promotional survive, you only have to look at the e-commerce boom and the sudden fad for blogs to see it demonstrated.

Anyway, I have nothing against variety. Better that than creative penury.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Purandara88
Which of course explains how George W. Bush was twice elected President of the United States of America.
At least he's not spreading rock'n'roll on the Internet.

Who said anything about entitlement (or lack thereof)? I'm just saying that there's a lot of people recording music these days who contribute nothing creatively speaking, and that the social pressures the DIY attitude create has the effect of driving away or holding back the real artists.
You said something intitially about artists and bands who had absolutely no reason to be. That's of course your own subjective opinion simply because you don't like the music they're making. There could be, and probably is, a number of reason for them to be.

Anyway, wasn't talking about your opinion per se but about an elitist view in general.

And, again, I think the DIY possibilities are giving people who were held back by non existing technical skills and record company bureaucracy a push forward to go ahead and record those songs that no one would ever have heard otherwise. Most people will probably not hear them now either, but at least they are being made. Which makes a big difference.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Originally Posted by Yoda
It's all about the music; so much so that I'm willing to pay for a high-end version, as opposed to accepting a mediocre version for free. Or am I misunderstanding you?
I'll say it again, subscribe to a newsgroup service such as giganews or newshosting and you have access to millions of albums/movies/software etc and all of a very high quality. Albums are available in mp3/flac/ogg vorbis.
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

FLAC is the only thing worth listening to. Unless its oop, there's absolutely no reason to download music except that you're a cheap ****ing bastard. And if you are, you need to be killed.