TV TRIVIA

Tools    

I actually read Bronson Pinchot, instead of Pierce Brosnan, I don't know why, I guess the answer would be Remington Steele, which he was probably doing when he was first offered the chance to replace Roger Moore as 007.

Sadly, I think you and I are the only ones playing this game, Joe, so I'll go again:

What was the name of the character Heather Locklear played on Melrose Place?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
New question: two 80s TV stars, Tom Selleck and Pierce Brosnan, were each offered an iconic movie role but were unable to accept because of their commitments to their TV series. Can you name the characters and their series?
I actually read Bronson Pinchot, instead of Pierce Brosnan, I don't know why, I guess the answer would be Remington Steele, which he was probably doing when he was first offered the chance to replace Roger Moore as 007.

If I remember correctly, Brosnan was actually announced as having been cast in the role of James Bond for the movie The Living Daylights because his TV show "Remington Steele" had already been cancelled, but after the announcement, his popularity went up, so the show was brought back for another season, and the role of James Bond was recast.

The name of Heather's character was Amanda Woodward

Here's another one:

What were the call letters of the TV station where Mary Richards worked on The Mary Tyler Moore Show?

Ah finally one I know, from one of my all time favorite shows-
WJM

Okay I' m not sure if this has been asked before, but name three sitcoms where two different actors
( or actresses) played the same character.

Okay I' m not sure if this has been asked before, but name three sitcoms where two different actors (or actresses) played the same character.
These are ones that I can think of where I know the names of the actors:
1) Lecy Goranson and Sarah Chalke both played Becky Conner on "Roseanne".
2) Dick York and Dick Sargent both played Darrin Stephens on "Bewitched".
3) Willie Aames and Leif Garrett both played Felix's son Leonard on "The Odd Couple".

These are a couple of others, but I don't know the names of the actors:
1) Two different actors played Chris, the youngest son, on "The Partridge Family".
2) Two different actors played Chuck, the older brother (who disappeared), on "Happy Days".
3) Two different actors played Gary, the owner of the rival bar "Gary's Old Town Tavern", on "Cheers". (One was Robert Desiderio, but I don't know the other actor's name.)

These are a couple of others, but I don't know the names of the actors:
1) Two different actors played Chris, the youngest son, on "The Partridge Family"
The first Chris was Jeremy Gelbwaks and Brian Forster was the second

2) Two different actors played Chuck, the older brother (who disappeared), on "Happy Days".
Gavin O'Herhily was the first Chuck and Randall Roberts was the second

3) Two different actors played Gary, the owner of the rival bar "Gary's Old Town Tavern", on "Cheers". (One was Robert Desiderio, but I don't know the other actor's name.)
Robert Desiderio was the first Gary and Joel Polis was the second.

Good going mofos! gbg
thought of some I hadn't -and Gid remembered the names of the actors ( which I didn't) .

One more I was thinking of - two different actors played Lionel on The Jeffersons.

@gbgoodies got this first so it's her turn .
And for excellence and bounty above and beyond the scope of the question, I hereby award you (both) :

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Lionel was played by the late Mike Evans and Damon Evans (no relation)

And let's not forget Vivian Banks on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air:

Role was originated by Janet Hubert and taken over by Daphne Maxwell Reid

Good going mofos! gbg
thought of some I hadn't -and Gid remembered the names of the actors ( which I didn't) .

One more I was thinking of - two different actors played Lionel on The Jeffersons.

@gbgoodies got this first so it's her turn .
And for excellence and bounty above and beyond the scope of the question, I hereby award you (both) :

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Lionel was played by the late Mike Evans and Damon Evans (no relation)

I thought Lionel was played by one actor on "All in the Family", and a different actor on "The Jeffersons". I didn't know that there were two different actors who played Lionel on "The Jeffersons".

Next question:

What was Eddie's father's name in "The Courtship of Eddie's Father"?

The original actor - Mike Evans - who played Lionel in Family played him on The Jeffersons too @gbgoodies. Then he was replaced by another actor for a few years, and then he came back again to play Lionel. Don't know why they had these switches. I liked the first Lionel best btw

I didn't watch Eddie s Father , so I'll leave it for someone else to answer.

Eddie's father was named Tom Corbett, played by the late Bill Bixby...can you name the Oscar-winning actress who played their housekeeper, Mrs. Livingston?

Eddie's father was named Tom Corbett, played by the late Bill Bixby...can you name the Oscar-winning actress who played their housekeeper, Mrs. Livingston?

I don't know her name, but if I remember correctly, she was in the movie Flower Drum Song with Jack Soo.

She was in Flower Drum Song...her name is Miyoshi Umeki and she won the 1957 Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Sayonara
I didn't know her name, but I guess my answer was close enough, so I'll post the next question.

In every episode of the TV show "Police Squad!", what happened to the "Special Guest Star"?

Each special guest star was killed off, usually (always?) at the beginning of the show.
Correct. The special guest star was always killed off during the opening credits of the episode.

Does anyone remember what was unique about the episodes' titles?
If I remember correctly, the words on screen would show the title of the episode, but at the same time, the narrator's spoken words would say a different title.