The Videogames Tab

Tools    

Also, I've been waiting for this game for years, heard about it because one of the guys who worked on The Witness is making it. Looks like it's finally getting close, and it's a lot more polished than the last footage I saw from it:

Great premise, all over it.

A system of cells interlinked
I still need to play that. I've been "saving" so many amazing games. I think this fall/winter is when I'll finally dive into most of them, and that'll be one of them. But I don't wanna start it while I'm busy because it looks like the kind of thing you can lose yourself in.

Can definitely get lost in it. The story is one of the more compelling aspects, and the world is just chock full of stuff to do. I still wonder what these guys were smoking when they planned this game out. There is just so much content (one of the DLCs alone clocks in at 30+ hours), and because most of it is of an exceptional narrative quality, I find myself wanting to do all of it. My best advice would be to try to do the main quest stuff at the recommended level, while attempting to weave in as much of the side content as possible as you go along. Some of my favorite pieces of the narrative reside in the side content, which speaks to the quality of the entire package.

One of my favorite games of all time, for sure.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm really digging the (slightly) revamped Xbox Game Pass.

Already, I've downloaded Void B*stards, Outer Wilds and Moonlighter - three highly thought of new releases - with stuff like Metro Exodus to come when I've cleared out my hard drive a little. I immediately converted my existing Gold and Game Pass subs to the new Game Pass Ultimate one as an extra couple of quid a month opens up the new PC Game Pass.

I generally buy my XBL subs as voucher cards when they're on offer so, after the conversion, I've got 'free' Game Pass Ultimate until November.

EDIT - I'd decided a while back to buy the new Playstation first (with the Xbox coming along eventually once it's been well reduced, like I did this gen) next year, but with Game Pass, I'm leaning more towards Team Green.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Today in FO4, I ran around doing naked DIY until Cait gave me her perk.

You ready? You look ready.
Team Green is the future. Sony is still on that old world model.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Team Green is the future. Sony is still on that old world model.
The exclusives are what draw me to Sony. Halo and Gears of War have never done it for me on the Xbox ..... but I love Forza Horizon.

You ready? You look ready.
The exclusives are what draw me to Sony. Halo and Gears of War have never done it for me on the Xbox ..... but I love Forza Horizon.
Yeah, I love me some Halo, but now that they're coming to PC I can get rid of my Xbox and just build a PC.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
The only game that looks worth a damn is Lego:Forza:Horizon:Zero Dawn:Cart:Stranding:2077.

I have never been given any reason to believe America can do gaming better than the Japanese.

Cool premise, the fact that it's by the Dishonored people is super cool. I'm happy to have them try a new IP before making another one of those, as great as they are:

I just hope it's either single player or at least has a single player option.

Saw the VtMB2 gameplay trailer and I gotta say I'm not that impressed. I do like the actual gameplay and the dialogue options, which suggests a lot of freedom in our decision making. But man, the voice acting is awful. Every single character in that trailer has the same monotone voice. No es bueno.

E3 has felt flat so far. I guess it's all hands on deck for the big studios for their next gen games so 2019 sees them in a holding pattern.

Not watched the Square conference yet, so maybe they wowed us?

“I was cured, all right!”

This and Cyberpunk 2077 are my DAY ONE 2020 games!
Now, I just want a new Ninja Gaiden!
Also, no DLC for DMC 5, Capcom is kidding with us.

there's a frog in my snake oil
E3 has felt flat so far. I guess it's all hands on deck for the big studios for their next gen games so 2019 sees them in a holding pattern.

Not watched the Square conference yet, so maybe they wowed us?
That's kinda comforting, because the VR showcase was a ****show

EDIT: And yeah, I'd imagine there's a lot of queueing up to be a 2020 console exclusive. (I'll choose to believe there are VR variants and that's having an impact too )

That's kinda comforting, because the VR showcase was a ****show

EDIT: And yeah, I'd imagine there's a lot of queueing up to be a 2020 console exclusive. (I'll choose to believe there are VR variants and that's having an impact too )
Apart from the release date for Cyberpunk, the only thing I'm really intrigued in is Watch Dogs Brexit. If they can pull it off, this looks crazy ambitious. And just plain crazy.

Watch Dogs Brexit

Did you hear that self-important opening about Brexit and London and the world? Oof. It's a game, guy. Granted, one touching on some timely themes, but c'mon.

Did you hear that self-important opening about Brexit and London and the world? Oof. It's a game, guy. Granted, one touching on some timely themes, but c'mon.
Yeah, it's about as subtle as their npc accents. I'm half expecting Dick van Dyke to pop up in the credits. But....

If they can pull of the 'you can play as anyone' at all well, I'm in - And I bounced hard on Watch Dogs 2 after hating Watch Dogs 1.

I'm seeing some Psychonauts 2 info starting to come in

Anybody care to explain what we learned about FFS VII ? We still doing the episodic thing? For $59.99 usd, we get the battle of Midgard?

I don't have the patience to watch a video.

Episodic release leaves me with mixed feelings. The main one being that they recycle a lot of stuff. If the first release is an entire game, it will take them 20 years to release all of this.

I mean, they're telling the truth right.