The MoFo Top 100 Films Directed By Women Countdown: Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I sent a reminder around to everybody of note on this forum and then some and I'm still waiting on lists from the likes of Holden Pike or UsualSuspect
No need to wait for me. I know I said I would, but I just don't have the time to put together a list and the movies from women I've seen are few and far between. I think it'd be a total of 10 movies or so. I wouldn't want to dilute the list with someone like The Intern.

Suspect's Reviews

What-thef*ck-ever, you lost me at "I don't even care about this list".
I don’t care but other people do- 20 lists should not take long to tally up. Would take me a little over an hour, hell even I care enough to volunteer to do that part for you

It's probably all the climbing up and down the ladder that's taking most of the time....

Welcome to the human race...
And people wonder why I didn't publicly keep a running tally (aside from not knowing that I was apparently supposed to, of course).

How many more menstrual cycles till we get this thing started?

Women always be late...frankly I'm shocked this would even be a problem for counting 20 lists, you have a maximum of 500 entrants, but the top 100 is likely just going to have a 2 list bar to climb if that.

It should take 4-6 hours max to put this together

Would like clarification on whether or not the delay is down to not wanting to tally scores, or whether it's specifically in hopes of getting more lists.

Sure, but one of those things is something others can do for you, and would probably be happy to do. So I guess the real question is: would you start tallying if you had 400 lists? If the answer is no, then we should let someone help. If the answer is yes, then we should let people know that's the rationale for the delay (which might help wrangle more lists, anyway).

Either way, I think it'd be good to communicate about this stuff so people know what's going on and can make other decisions accordingly.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think Iro's involvement in this is connected to his love of debating social issues and movies in general. He posited so many ideas in the earlier thread that it seemed like he was taking over. Then after this thread was open and the site's lethargy about it, it just about floated into oblivion.

Having just done a quick scan of my inbox, there's about 30 lists or so actually (going by titles, anyway - for all I know I'm going to look into the message and find that, like a certain user who shall for the time being remain nameless, just consist of a list of director names that includes Lizzie Borden for some reason). In any case, it's not an overwhelming number - just a matter of actually finding the time to put them through. Also, I'm still finding inconsistencies where people nominated films with male co-directors or ones that need some confirmation so that'll drag the process out a little longer. Ideally, ballots should include director names to save on time and it'd be a little quicker if people did the verification themselves (I suggest IMDb as I tend to use that to confirm any titles I get sent that don't already have directors' names attached, though I have received one ballot that nominated City of God while apparently quoting Katia Lund as the sole director when that is not the case).

I don't think so, at this rate I'll do the double-checking on the lists I've received so far and message people if titles are ineligible or if I need confirmation on which ones they mean. If there's any issue with the list you sent in, I'll let you know.