How to move to Canada and become a Canadian citizen

Tools    

If the race between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump has you feeling disillusioned with American democracy, you may find yourself imagining a move to Canada.

After all, it's a land where healthcare is free, people are friendly, and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau explains quantum computing just for laughs.

But actually becoming a citizen is tough: You need to live in Canada for at least six years, stay on your best behavior, and know a thing or two about the country you'll soon call home.

For those who actually want to head up north, here's how you move to Canada.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...dian-citizen-1

That article promotes incorrect information. These are the actual requirements:

01. Know what a double double is.
02. Own a toque.
03. Have, on at least one occasion, attempted to take the centre out of a toonie.
04. Apologize all the time for no reason.
05. At least know how to mumble the French parts of Oh Canada.
06. Know how to build an igloo.
07. Must be able to come up with at least one dumb Newfie joke.
08. Know what the "All Dressed" flavour of chips tastes like.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Why do I get the impression that your best and most patriotic are staying put? Especially after yesterday's show of unity and strength. Just like they have stayed put through so many other presidents, who may not have been their favorites.

Everywhere you go, there will be lots of people you disagree with. I'd rather live in a place with a long history of duking those differences out, that's literally based on diversity, than bounce from place to place trying to temporarily avoid those confrontations.

America will probably be fine, and if it isn't, it's for reasons that aren't going to be relegated to it, anyway.

Everywhere you go, there will be lots of people you disagree with. I'd rather live in a place with a long history of duking those differences out, that's literally based on diversity, than bounce from place to place trying to temporarily avoid those confrontations.

America will probably be fine, and if it isn't, it's for reasons that aren't going to be relegated to it, anyway.
Im a caretaker for my Mom, I cant leave her, but yeah this is on a level of disgust in my own countrymen to where I would seriously consider it if I could.

Nah. I sympathize with the desire but I actually don't feel it myself. On the contrary, I feel more compelled than ever to start being more informed and active about this country.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I'd love to live there for a while, I'm considering going to BC to study abroad for a semester. I speak a bit of French as well!! Not Quebecois French though

Nah. I sympathize with the desire but I actually don't feel it myself. On the contrary, I feel more compelled than ever to start being more informed and active about this country.
Good man. Yeah its too soon for me to honestly say Im over it, but I will be. Im not gonna go forward all bitter and upset like ...well, like I have been throughout this election. Sure I had damn good reason, but its done. Im letting it go now for my own well being.

I'd love to live there for a while, I'm considering going to BC to study abroad for a semester. I speak a bit of French as well!! Not Quebecois French though
Tabarnack! you should.

People are really overreacting with Trump. The US is a country with strong institutions so it's not like Trump will have dictatorial powers and if he starts doing a lot of stupid stuff he will be impeached. Anyway, the president will not be able to affect your daily life significantly: His powers are not unlimited.

No way, I'm considering going to Victoria University for my second year!
Victoria is an awesome city, I've visited several times, loved it and the surrounding area is very cool too. No French required in B.C. English helps though

People are really overreacting with Trump. The US is a country with strong institutions so it's not like Trump will have dictatorial powers and if he starts doing a lot of stupid stuff he will be impeached. Anyway, the president will not be able to affect your daily life significantly: His powers are not unlimited.
Sorry for the off-topic post but what is your avatar? haha