Wedding of the Century

Tools    

So as some of you may or may not have noticed, sometime last fall I stopped referring to Rebecca as my girlfriend and started calling her my wife. Well the reason is... ...wait for it... ...we got married. The ceremony itself was a very poorly-planned affair, which was pulled off perfectly due to it being so small. On October 6th we showed up at a pavilion overlooking one of our favorite beaches in Cape may, with a small group of close relatives, and got married in front of some random strangers. Here are some pictures:

Also we went camping on St. Johns Island for our honeymoon. Unfortunately the most spectacular views we saw were underwater, so I don't have too many great pictures, but here are a few that I liked:

j.k. here's me with my real wife.

You just knew he'd be in the Bow Tie didn't ya? That's awesome dude. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Congrats!! That looks like the type of wedding I would like to have if that improbability were ever to occur. Is that man playing a harmonica? If so, he is cool. I play the harmonica.

Congrats!! That looks like the type of wedding I would like to have if that improbability were ever to occur. Is that man playing a harmonica? If so, he is cool. I play the harmonica.
Yep that's my grandfather on my mom's side, Gus. He fought in the Battle of the Bulge and learned to play the harmonica in the army. He was playing 'Here Comes the Bride'. That's cool that you can play the harmonica too.

And yeah the (relatively) simple ceremony was definitely the right one for us. There was a substantial amount of pressure to create something much grander or with more people, but once we got there you could feel the stress just evaporate as everyone realized our wedding was going to be just fine (which it was). Don't get me wrong, having a big wedding might be a lot of fun -- and I've enjoyed my fair share as a guest -- but don't let anyone tell you it has to be done a certain way. Okay, getting off my soapbox.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Yep that's my grandfather on my mom's side, Gus. He fought in the Battle of the Bulge and learned to play the harmonica in the army. He was playing 'Here Comes the Bride'.
That's really sweet. I like things that are more personal like that.

Yeah, big weddings can be a lot of fun, but I know the stress I went through just as a bridesmaid. I like your way better.

And yeah the (relatively) simple ceremony was definitely the right one for us. There was a substantial amount of pressure to create something much grander or with more people, but once we got there you could feel the stress just evaporate as everyone realized our wedding was going to be just fine (which it was). Don't get me wrong, having a big wedding might be a lot of fun -- and I've enjoyed my fair share as a guest -- but don't let anyone tell you it has to be done a certain way. Okay, getting off my soapbox.
I agree one billion percent.

Congrats Lines!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."