MoFo Fantasy Football 2018 - Sign-Ups!

Tools    

Every year this sneaks up on me a little more! But it's here again. We're just about a month away from another draft that won't go anything like any of the mock drafts we do.

What even is this?

The members on this site play in a fantasy football league. This will be its eleventh (!) year, and it's a pretty great league. We play with 12-14 teams, and even though there's no money on the line we have a very high retention rate. This league is almost exclusively populated by competitive, engaged owners. It probably helps that I buy the winner this trophy each year:

Can I play?

Yes! Well, maybe. As I said, we have high retention, and some years we only have a slot or two open. This is a Movie Forums league, so heavy preference is given to people who are active on the forums, and this applies even to returning owners. We also give some preference to returning owners, since that kind of continuity is cool, but we lean a little more towards the first criteria. So if you're a regular you stand a decent chance of nabbing a spot. And even if you're kinda in-between, hey, it doesn't hurt to throw your helmet in the ring, provided you can pass concussion protocol after.

If we don't have room, there's sometimes a spillover money league depending on interest (it's just $50), and it usually has several of the same owners anyway.

How do I sign up?

Just reply in this thread and say you'd like to play, and you'll be considered based on all the stuff I mentioned above. You may or may not get in, but there's no shame in asking! And asking and not getting in one year will be considered the next year as a possible tiebreaker, too.

Confirmed:
Yoda
Sedai
PW
Fabulous
Spaulding
7thson
raul
Piledriver
TONGO
donniedarko
mikey
Adamantium18

A system of cells interlinked
In!

Bumping for two reasons:

1. Just so people see it!

2. To note that the league auto-renews early next week. So if you get an email or it thinks you have a team even though you haven't said anything, that's why.

I'd forgotten that I was the number one seed last year. I have no idea how I managed that feat when looking back at my roster and my draft results. I need to change my team name to "Overachievers."

I'd forgotten that I was the number one seed last year. I have no idea how I managed that feat when looking back at my roster and my draft results. I need to change my team name to "Overachievers."
Pretty much since you've joined this league you've managed to wring the most out of your players and moves. It's really been something. We often seem to be targeting the same players, but I'd say you've got another level to it that I can't quite match most of the time, probably based on a more holistic understanding of how under-the-radar guys are going to benefit from team or situation. And I think I try to bank on track record a bit more, even to a fault, which creates opportunities to out-react that more conservative approach.

You've got pretty crazy depth every year. I feel like I mention it in the playoff write-ups each time. I'd have to go back and see if the numbers align with the theory, but I'm guessing that makes you particularly strong in the middle of the year and down the stretch, which is usually enough by itself to earn a playoff berth. I imagine it makes from some maddening choices in the playoffs themselves, though.

Think this is my official retirement from fantasy. I said it before and then tried to salvage the scraps of a once great fantasy mind for a couple of years kind of like Jordan playing for the Wizards. To no avail. My time was up.

In other words, I'm out.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Think this is my official retirement from fantasy. I said it before and then tried to salvage the scraps of a once great fantasy mind for a couple of years kind of like Jordan playing for the Wizards. To no avail. My time was up.

In other words, I'm out.
Retirement from fantasy or from Mofo?

Let the night air cool you off
Would love to see @jiraffejustin rejoin the fray.
Don't tempt me! I would join if I wasn't in the middle of a transitional period of my life. I'm about to be 12K further in debt thanks to student loans, and who knows how much time I'm going to be losing to school/work starting in August. Still though... it's hard to turn this down every time.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I was just talking about how most of the great members aren't around anymore. I forgot about Jiraffe too.

Tis a lonely place around here.

Let the night air cool you off
I was just talking about how most of the great members aren't around anymore. I forgot about Jiraffe too.

Tis a lonely place around here.
Hopefully it's a sign of people getting their sh*t together and having less time for this great place.

I'm definitely in!!!