MoFo Movie Weekends - Discussion and Calendar

Tools    

The Blade Runner Weekend

Saturday November 16th 2019
Blade Runner

Sunday November 17th 2019
Blade Runner 2049

Why that date?
Well, we missed the opportunity to hold a BTTF Weekend in October 2015... and the first Blade Runner movie takes place in November 2019, so, might as well have some fun with it

Actual times to be advised.

Will add this schedule to the first page of this thread... don't worry about me spamming the forum with a dedicated thread yet though, there's still almost 18 months to go

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Lol gstting in quick, Rattus?

Lots of fun last night

Question then, what's next?
Anyone have any ideas?
November 2019 is the only one pencilled in atm for Blade Runner.
Maybe anyone wants to host?

Don't let me forget about Simon Pegg Day! Or at least, let's hope I don't get hit with a rush of work stuff leading up to it.

I have a root canal and a couple of other things right around the end of the month, but if I haven't said anything about this by early October feel free to jab me, anyone.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I really wish I could participate in these events, but being a dad now my weekends involve swimming classes, soccer and visits with the grandparents.

Suspect's Reviews

Sit the littl'un down for some Jurassic Park, man.

Rexy and the raptors in the kitchen should give him a thrill

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Sit the littl'un down for some Jurassic Park, man.

Rexy and the raptors in the kitchen should give him a thrill
Considering he cried when we tried to leave a haunted house (he went through 4 times and wanted to go through more) I think he'd like some monsters on the screen.

Been thinking about this for a few days, and seeing as we're about to end the LOTR Weekend in a few hours...

I've been checking time zones and thinking about how DVDs and Blu-Rays differing from each other.
It'll be better to start a general thread on the idea of Movie Weekends so we can all discuss how future weekends will happen, and most importantly if they're going to happen.
What movies will we use?
Full on weekend made up of a whole Franchise?
Maybe a "Classics Weekend" with 3 different movies like, say, Jaws on Friday, Body Snatchers on Saturday and then The Thing on Sunday? (just as an example)

A big Con in the Pros and Cons, will come down to time zones and what edition of the movie is going to be used.
LOTR has brought up a few questions on the weekends in that we're using the Extended Cut. Not everyone has that version, and also, not everyone who has the Extended Cut has the cinematic cuts as well.

Time Zones are a bit tricky as well. Like with the Star Wars Weekend, the LOTR Weekend started at 7pm British Time... which meant Friday was tough for some MoFos in the USA as they are from 5-8 hours behind, so they were at work for the first half of the Friday movie.
MoFos at the other end of the spectrum in Australia are 8-10 hours ahead of the UK, so would also be tricky on that end as they're in bed at that time.

-

Will definitely need Yods' input on this too as he has to open the Chat so us lot can use it and, like with the regular boards might need a Mod to keep an eye on things.
We're all pretty good though and know what we're doing

-

So, thoughts?
Ideas on what movies? Times? Dates even?
Stick it all in here and discuss!

Quoting the first post of the thread because there's an interesting idea in there.

So far there's been some Anniversary Weekends with Robo, Predator, and Romero's original Dead movies... we've had full on Franchises too.

How about at some point in 2019, we have a Classics Weekend?
Like, 3 totally different movies on a weekend?

You guys make the MoFo Weekends as successful as they are. All I've been doing so far is picking the movies, but it's the attendance that makes them work...

We need input, guy and gals... we need ideas, we need event Hosts, and all that stuff in between...

We have Discord now too, meaning if you want to host a Weekend, it's there to be used and abused at your leisure.

C'mon, peeps... pitch an idea in this thread, gauge interest, and get talking and organising (I tend to chuck out an idea and roll with it, and hope for the best)... but hopefully something will come together... and when it does, the Host of Weekend X can chuck out a thread and get the ball rolling... and it'll be added to the schedules and stuff on page 1 in this thread too.

Given a little hard work and organisation from the Host, it's super fun once the night is under way... on the Romero Weekend we had numerous conversations going on at once, and it was stupidly fun sitting watching together like we were in the same room.
Like any good movie, a MoFo Movie Weekend needs the audience... pitch in, MoFos!
Who knows, maybe tag-team with another MoFo, and have 2 Hosts presenting a Classic Weekend or something?

The opportunity is here, now, right now, to get together with people, and get people together, to do the thing we joined MoFo for: Movie Chat.

You ready? You look ready.
I’d be willing to “host” a viewing of The Fountain as a means of “defending” its value. Or any other film from my top ten.

So what I mean is a group of people can watch and discuss its merits rather than just geeking out. I’d even go so far as to say I’d be willing to buy extra copies for those that don’t own the film. I think it’d be an interesting idea and would solve any time zone issues, as I imagine the group sizes would be much smaller.

I’m just thinking out loud right now so...
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You ready? You look ready.
I’d be down for hosting a Christmas themed night with Die Hard 1&2.

It’s not Christmas without terrorists getting their butts’ kicked.