Movie Poster a Day with JayDee

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
January 21st

Well today is the last day of Miss Vicky Week part 2, unless of course I decide to extend it. As a result I've decided to double up. Well that's one reason but there is another. I've gone with Army of Darkness today and the first poster I think looks great but it doesn't feature Vicky's beloved Ash/Bruce Campbell which is why I've included the second poster as well

Army of Darkness
(1992, d. Sam Raimi / Artist - Randy Ortiz)

Army of Darkness
(1992, d. Sam Raimi / Artist - Chris Weston)

Saved both those Army of Darkness ones. I liked Evil Dead 2 more than it, but those will do.

January 22nd

You know what, I've not got a plan for today's poster so Miss Vicky Week gets a day 8! Now for the most part I'm not a big fan of minimalist designs but I think this one works really well; taking a classic symbol of high school (lockers) and using it to represent the individual personalities of the eponymous breakfast club. There's the design of Andrew's letterman jacket; the pink locker with a heart to represent princess Claire; plaid for Bender along with some kind of smoke emerging from the venting (I wonder what that could alude to ); an A+ test paper for Brian and a scratched up, grungy mess for Allison.

The Breakfast Club
(1985, d. John Hughes / Artist - Domestic Society)

January 23rd

Still not had a chance to think up a new theme or to properly plan ahead. Therefore Miss Vicky Week continues. And having just featured on your new favourite films list I've gone for this lovely looking poster for Rush. The artist's intention on this one was to evoke a 70s vibe with his design and I think he succeeds.

Rush
(2013, d. Ron Howard / Artist - Hans Woody)

January 24th

Before I move on to any new theme I'm just going to thrown in some randomness. After all it's been a while since we had anything weird or trashy. And I'd say this one qualifies on both fronts. Now what exactly is going on here I have no clue. But I certainly think you'd agree that it does grab your attention. There really is something rather creepy about it. Oh and I love its tagline; "You pay for the whole seat - you only use the edge!"

Dear Dead Delilah
(1972, d. John Farris)

January 27th

After missing a few days here's a double bill of trash. The guy holding the balloon in this first poster may be the creepiest person I've ever seen!

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
(1972, d. Bob Clark)

And then I just love how gloriously lurid this is.

Mary, Mary, Bloody Mary
(1975, d. Juan Lopez Moctezuma)

January 23rd

Still not had a chance to think up a new theme or to properly plan ahead. Therefore Miss Vicky Week continues. And having just featured on your new favourite films list I've gone for this lovely looking poster for Rush. The artist's intention on this one was to evoke a 70s vibe with his design and I think he succeeds.

Rush
(2013, d. Ron Howard / Artist - Hans Woody)

Pure money - saved.

February 4th

Not going to say that normal service will definitely be resumed with this thread but I'm posting tonight anyway. And while I'm here I might as well throw a couple out there. I'll go one classy and one trashy. First up is classy and I'm dedicating yet another poster to MV for finishing her top 100 list. Ideally I'd have a poster for Quills as it was her #1 film but I don't have much for that unfortunately. So instead we'll drop to #2 and another poster for Gladiator

Gladiator
(2000, d. Ridley Scott / Artist - Dani Blazquez)

And then for a bit of sleeze we head back to 1970 for a poster that actually would have made a lovely companion piece to Mary, Mary, Bloody Mary with both sharing a similar design idea

Scream and Scream Again

(1970, d. Gordon Hessler)

I really like the overall look of the Gladiator poster, but not so sure about blue Joaquin and blue Connie Nielsen.

The other poster is definitely visually striking, though it gives me no desire to watch the movie.

This might just do nobody any good.
The other poster is definitely visually striking, though it gives me no desire to watch the movie.
"Vincent Price • Christopher Lee • Peter Cushing"

In.

Please proceed to the next page if you would be so kind