The Amityville Horror

Tools    

Awwww...i Can't Wait For The New Amityville Horror Movie With The Ryan Reynolds In It! Oh, Man! Yeah! Aawwesome Man! Yeah!

I can't wait man! I am just foaming at the mouth with excitment!!

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
Here's a link to a page where some website visits the set of the film and talks a little bit with Ryan Reynolds, Melissa George, and there's a whole buncha' other crap. Good stuff!!

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/55...html?fromint=1

great. another horror remake. when will they learn...if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Every film made of Amityville (It's countless sequels churn the stomach) has been crud. Why bother making a new one?

Lets put a smile on that block
YEAH MAN, AWSOME, THIS IS GONNA ROCK, YEAH MAN, WOAH DUDE THIS IS GONNA BE AW-SOME! AW AW Awo SOaa....urg...

*Begins to foam at the mouth and collapses*

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Isn't there a new trailer for this? Does anyone have the link?

The Amityville Horror was the first novel I read. I lived in the country, where our house was surrounded by forest and the city lights were naught to be seen, and would stay up late in the dark with a single lamp reading away. I was maybe 11 years old, and it scared the beejeesus outta me. I don’t remember if I actually believed if it was actually true, but I didn’t care. When I saw the movie a short time later…it freaked me out too. Of course, now I don’t think it’s a great movie, but I still like it because of the nostalgic aspect of it. I really hope that this version is good. I hope for the stories sake, but also for Reynolds’. For some reason, I like the big lug.

EDIT: I think that one of the most eerie things to look at are those damn windows! YIKES! And also, I wonder why the tagline mentions truth when the Lutz family admitted ages ago that they made it all up.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

i don't know how true the book or the movie is, i've never seen it or read the book, but i do know the house is really there and that a family was killed there....

you always knew where it was too because some wise guy drew an arrow on the side of a building at the beginning of the block it was located on...underneath the arrow were the words "the amityville hoax"

the arrow has since been removed....

You live near it? You must have a picture taken of yourself in front of the house and post it!

The Lutz family made up that story, and it was optioned for publication and production. A few years later, they admitted that it was all a hoax. I don't remember the specifics, I'm sure I can find it on the web, but damnit, I'm lazy.

amityviille is maybe 15 minutes from where i live...i know the house is still there and i'm sure i can find the block it's on even with the sign down...

maybe this weekend....

That would be awesome, Suzi-Q. I'd certainly save that pic right alongside of Blib and Sis' pic with Mr. Ian.