I am Legend

Tools    

I remember a while back this film being mentioned, and a certain Mr Schwarzenegger being involved. Since then all has gone quiet, so I decided to read the book. Whoa! what a great film this would make.
Any ideas where it disappeared too?
You can count Arnie out, but who would make a good lead??

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Ralph Fiennes!!
Ok, he's my nomination for everything, but you said nothing about the character in question, so my stock answer stands.

I thought you meant YOU were legend, anyway, and frankly, I'm relieved you didn't mean that, since our Megalomaniac slots are all full. Cool name.

Are you talking about a movie based on Richard Matheson's book? If so I'm glad Arnie didn't get the role. There's been a lot of movies based on this idea already. If they do make it, I hope it follows the book. I don't know who would be a good lead though...
15 years ago, A mop boy named Melvin Junko fell into a case full of toxic waste and became a hideously deformed creature of superhuman size and strength, he became... The Toxic Avenger, the first superhero from New Jersey! Then came two shitty sequels, sorry about that. This is the real sequel.

I Am Legend is one of my favorite science fiction novels, and its author, Richard Matheson, is pretty much a god as far as I'm concerned. Has anyone heard anything about this latest remake? I like the idea of Will Smith in the lead role, but seeing Akiva Goldman's name associated with this scares the living crap outta me. I'm afraid this is going to get the I, Robot treatment, where a legendary novel is raped for the sake of the box office.

The other incarnations of Matheson's 1954 novel are a very good one (The Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price) and a mediocre one (The Omega Man with Charlton Heston). I'm hoping this one will be the best of the three, but I dunno...

Has anyone heard anything more about this?

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I too am waiting for this one, hoping it doesn't turn into Omega Man...

The movie will make a good bit of money just because Will Smith is in it, and they are OK with their timing - this genre of film hasn't quite run its course this time around, so the story will generate *some* interest. Hopefully they won't feel the need to do too much Hollywood-izing.

I have not heard much about the film though, other than seeing the trailer, and having heard "somewhere" that it IS supposed to follow the book much closer than Omega Man. I can't remember where I heard that though... I think I actually read it on a movie review page (might have even been Coming Soon), but since I can't really remember the reference, take my comment with a nice big grain of salt...

I too am waiting for this one, hoping it doesn't turn into Omega Man...

I have not heard much about the film though, other than seeing the trailer, and having heard "somewhere" that it IS supposed to follow the book much closer than Omega Man. I can't remember where I heard that though... I think I actually read it on a movie review page (might have even been Coming Soon), but since I can't really remember the reference, take my comment with a nice big grain of salt...
I read that, too, and I think it was Coming Soon. Sounds good, but I'm not holding my breath.

By the way, have you seen The Last Man On Earth? It's worthwhile, especially for the final scene and voiceover.

I read that, too, and I think it was Coming Soon. Sounds good, but I'm not holding my breath.

By the way, have you seen The Last Man On Earth? It's worthwhile, especially for the final scene and voiceover.

I've known about it, but never saw it, and was trying to decide if I should, prior to the new one coming out (I think I'm going to, what's it going to hurt? ).

I Am Legend

Director: Francis Lawrence
Screenwriter: Mark Protosevich, Akiva Goldsman
Starring: Will Smith, Alice Braga, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Willow Smith, Charlie Tahan
Official Website: IAmLegend.com | MySpace.com/IAmLegendmovie
Teaser/Trailer/International Trailer

Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable... and manmade. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City... and maybe the world. But he is not alone. He is surrounded by "the Infected"—victims of the plague who have mutated into carnivorous beings who can only exist in the dark and who will devour or infect anyone or anything in their path. For three years, Neville has spent his days scavenging for food and supplies and faithfully sending out radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. All the while, the Infected lurk in the shadows, watching Neville's every move, waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind's last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But his blood is also what The Infected hunt, and Neville knows he is outnumbered and quickly running out of time.

Released by Warner Bros. Pictures, Iam Legend hits conventional & IMAX theaters December 14, 2007.

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
Even though I don't like Will Smith I don't think he's right for the role. The trailers make the film look decent, but that equals rental only for me. Maybe if the reviews are good I may give it a chance.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

I was just out on the Apple trailers site and noticed that there is a second trailer for this. I'm not sure just how long it has been out, but that site says they posted it on 11/7, so it seems to be somewhat new, I think?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/

I have got to stop going to this site while at work... the filters there cause all sorts of havoc with what I see in posts... or more appropriately, what I don't see... like virtually your entire post you linked to...

I have got to stop going to this site while at work... the filters there cause all sorts of havoc with what I see in posts... or more appropriately, what I don't see... like virtually your entire post you linked to...
I meant to post it.

Is it recommended to read the book before seeing this movie?

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
If you want a basic premise then go ahead and read the book, but after watching the second trailer i don't think the film is gonna be an exact copy......

Film = Robert neville is a brilliant scientist

Book = Robert Neville has to go to the library, get books and teach himself science.

I can recommend the book though.

Is it recommended to read the book before seeing this movie?
The book is fantastic. I can't imagine the movie being as good as the novel, so it might be better to wait until afterwards to read it.

Looks interesting...I'll have to pick up the book before watching the movie.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
I am intrigued by this movie. I haven't read the book yet, I will have to check it out before seeing the movie.

Are you telling that actually have a book named "I'm A Legend" or what? I love to read a book but I never knew about old movies was base on by book.

Trailer looks amazing