What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

I think the last movie I've watched was Apocalypto..

Can't remember. Ever since I got a big screen I stopped going to movie theatres. Now I don't have to deal with pop corn, noise and assorted goofballs that don't have any other place to do what they do.

Can't remember. Ever since I got a big screen I stopped going to movie theatres. Now I don't have to deal with pop corn, noise and assorted goofballs that don't have any other place to do what they do.
Some movies are beter watching on the silver screen. Even though you have a biger TV doesn't always give you the same satisfaction.

Certifiably troglodytic.
Some movies are beter watching on the silver screen. Even though you have a biger TV doesn't always give you the same satisfaction.
I'd agree it is sometimes a gamble these days when going to a theater as to whether or not you'll be part of a captive and mature audience. Maybe the kind of movie determines that, but I, too, love the theater experience for the most part (for its multi-sensory contributions) and there are things that must be seen in the context of the big screen and with an audience to boot.

But I'm still gonna get a big screen TV someday regardless....

BTW, I saw American Gangster Friday in the college town theater where I live with a bunch of students who tend to sneak in lots of cheap beer. No shenanigans this time around, despite the theater being about the size of my living room. I was quite impressed with the film.

saw saw4 yesterday

The Next Lindsey Lohan......
I just saw Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium and it was really good. Dustin Hoffman and Natalie Portman both give awesome performances.

Mine is a silver screen and I couldn't be happier with my home audio surround sound. I turn off all the lights and I get transported into different worlds. And no, I don't miss the sound of crying babies and extraneous therater going audience noise or some dip tapping the back of my chair or someone spilling pop corn on my lap or the sound of slurping coke and I don't need the on que audience reaction to affirm my enjoyment of a movie.

Some movies are better watching on the silver screen. Even though you have a bigger TV doesn't always give you the same satisfaction.
I totally agree......

Resident Evil: Extinction

and im planning to watch Beowulf tomorrow.

Resident Evil: Extinction

and im planning to watch Beowulf tomorrow.
I have watch that too, just last night hehehe....

This is the last film I saw in the theater.And that was the 3rd time I went to theater to watch a film. Love Jonny Depp in every way.

well i haven't been here in a long time but i just wanted to let you know about two movies that i saw over the long thanksgiving weekend..

we saw enchanted on thanksgiving morning...disney spoofing disney is always great in my book...first half fun, second half predictable, but go with it...james marsden hams it up as prince edward and amy adams has a great voice...three standout scenes include central park, let's clean up the apt and the king's & queen's ball...

the mist...one definitively creepy film...sucks you in from the beginning to the unexpected and twisty ending...marcia gay harden is the standout here...one thing is for sure...frank darabont sure knows how to bring a stephen king story to the screen and does it beautifully...

No Country For Old Men: Excellent if ultimately unsatisfying offering from the Coen brothers. I realize that it's unsatisfying for me because it didn't meet some of my expectations which, of course, is my problem. But still, that's the feeling I came away with: unsatisfied*.

*Yes, I realize I've used variations of this word three times in a very short paragraph, but it's the only suitable word. "Disappointing," the next best choice, is inappropriate because I was not disappointed with most aspects of the film; only with the conclusion, which left me, well, you know...

the darjeeling limited was the last movie i saw in theatres.

the last movie i saw in a theatre was the heartbreak kid,it really cracked me & my son up.

American Gangster, great movie