Favourite beer(s) ?

Tools    

Does root beer count?
I vote yes. I'd like to know what root beer brands are worth trying.

The best beer I've ever tasted is from Steady Hand, an Atlanta-based brewery.

I vote yes. I'd like to know what root beer brands are worth trying.

The best beer I've ever tasted is from Steady Hand, an Atlanta-based brewery.
I prefer A&W brand root beer myself. I have never actually tried real beer.

I prefer A&W brand root beer myself. I have never actually tried real beer.
You can't go wrong with A&W. It's the best for root beer floats, that's for sure. I also like IBC, which I'm pretty sure we thought was so cool as teenagers because it comes in actual beer bottles.

My Darth Star is in for a service
Most of the time I had a pint of whatever the Pub/Inn had on tap.
Kronenbourg 1664 the most common in my local then one day they had a new stout in called Hurleys (a smoother less heavy Guiness rival) and after my first pint I drank that whenever possible.
When they stop serving it I threw a tantrum and told the landlord he was a D*ck and went elsewhere in protest.
I haven't been able to find it anywhere apart from in my old local so guessing it was a craft beer that didn't take off.
Nowadays because I suffer from Coeliacs Disease I have to avoid gluten which is found in wheat, rye and barley!
Thankfully distillation gets rid of gluten out of whiskey so I usually get a bottle of aged Scottish malt as a treat and Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer for times when I need a refreshing long drink.

@John Dumbear
I just had a glass of one of your favorite beers, Blue Moon Belgian White. Very delicious! I like that it's also very effervescent. Too bad I didn't have a slice of a blood orange to go with it.

You can't go wrong with A&W. It's the best for root beer floats, that's for sure. I also like IBC, which I'm pretty sure we thought was so cool as teenagers because it comes in actual beer bottles.
If you haven't tried Sioux City Root Beer (also their Sarsaparilla, Birch Beer, and Ginger Beer, you're in for a treat.

https://www.whiterockbeverages.com/s...ty/root-beer-1