Movie Forums Top 100 of the Aughts (the 00s) - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Pretty stoked for this one. Like I said it's truly going to be pretty unpredictable, especially 50-100 I bet. The top 5 is fairly predictable I suppose but aside from that there should be plenty surprise.

Must admit I'm a little concerned the Faildictions program might accidentally get one right this time. Applying 'naughty' logic proved somewhat troublesome but then I guess I should have expected that.

88 lists we did it!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Particular thanks to @Thief, not just for curating all this, but for doing so while being a bit newer to the whole place and process than most past curators. I'm sure that must've been a little nerve wracking but I knew he'd be great, and he has been.

Thing is about to start for real, so I could still f*ck up massively Anyone, thanks to you for all the backstage support

Sorry for missing out on this. This weeks just been a pain... Literally.

Charlie's Angels FTW!!!!!

You could've had us at 89!!

J/k! Hope to have you around for the actual countdown

70s countdown had 99, and there was another one that had 96.

By the way, now that polls are closed, we're officially at 88 ballots, so thanks to everybody that submitted!

the 100 all time countdown had 96, just checked

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

The waiting game sucks let’s play Hungry Hungry Hippos.
"And the waiting is the hardest parrrt...":

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
*whispers* time ...after time.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I feel energetic now, but I know that I'm not prepared for the avalanche of chaos and commentary this thread is about to find itself in.

Any bets on when I give up trying to track the reveals, instead reverting to just one-liner jabs? I think I'm good for the first quarter.

(previous post doesn't count. that was just my normal daily one-liner crap)

I feel energetic now, but I know that I'm not prepared for the avalanche of chaos and commentary this thread is about to find itself in.
I wouldn't worry too much about the amount of upcoming chaos and commentary in this thread - the actual countdown should be in it's own thread (which I presume Thief will probably start in the next day or two)

Any bets on when I give up trying to track the reveals, instead reverting to just one-liner jabs? I think I'm good for the first quarter.
Imma place a ten-spot on '74/73'.

I wouldn't worry too much about the amount of upcoming chaos and commentary in this thread - the actual countdown should be in it's own thread (which I presume Thief will probably start in the next day or two)

Imma place a ten-spot on '74/73'.

First lol was worthy. Second lol was more to hide my shame at the seriousness of your range. Cuz. Yeah. That's prolly where I fall.

First lol was worthy. Second lol was more to hide my shame at the seriousness of your range. Cuz. Yeah. That's prolly where I fall.
Sorry my bad, I actually meant '84/83'
I know, I know, I should have more faith.