Early Peter Jackson

Tools    

Just curious, has anybody here at MoFo seen the movies:

Bad Taste

Meet the Feebles

Dead Alive (also known as Braindead )

If not, they are a must!!!

A novel adaptation.
I'm surprised you didn't mention The Frighteners, which, IMO, is the only really enjoyable pre-LOTR Peter Jackson flick.

The only movie I've seen of Jackson's aside from LOTR is The Frighteners. It was good, btw.

I own this world!
I heard his other movies, besides the freightners are pretty ****ed up.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I love early Peter Jackson, especially Meet the Feebles! I almost like them more than LOTR (almost...Don't kill me!). I am a huge Cult movie fanatic, so his early work is right in line with my tastes....BAD.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I liked The Frighteners but didn't like Dead Alive.

Havent seen Braindead but Bad Taste is fantastic!

If you put BT and LOTR next to each other you wouldnt beleive they were made by the same bloke! All filmed on a wind up handheld camera if I remember correctly limiting all the scenes to twenty seconds or so. He was clearly getting an eye in for special effects too!

Im sure ive seen Heavenly Creatures but I dont think it was that good as it didnt make that much of an impression on me

Ive had The Frighteners on VHS for a few years now and ive been meaning to watch it again. Michael J Fox is great and the ghost SFX are pretty good considering.

PJ has got a pretty good back catalogue although I think he will only be remembered in years to come for only three.

Early Peter Jackson is the best. I have seen all of them except Meet the Feebles. I have on DVD but I never watched it. Bad Taste is probably the best out of them and the most insanely funny.

I really hope he'll go back to the type of stuff he used to do after all these blockbusters are over.

Braindead was awful! My mate loves it, I just don't understand it... it's like that Aussie kids program Around the Twist - but with alot more blood and guts.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
I quite enjoy Heavenly Creatures, too.
This is the only one I have seen, I also quite enjoyed it.

Deary me. Bad Taste and Braindead, not only cult classics but are the best party movies and actually great films. These low budget gore flicks are sickening and vastly entertaining, while not as good as Evil Dead they worthy competitors and stand along side the best films of such genre. They are genuinely funny and gut wrenching with marvellous characters and great scenes (custard, brain, lawn mower, basement, baby). The Frightners is just a normal movie, not a low-budget horror, but good. havnt seen the others