Alexander Trailer

Tools    

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/alexander/medium.html

seems to be the new trend, warriors based on myth movies as we have king arthur/Troy and now this one.

Thanks... ... I'm not too sure about this one yet though...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Thanks... ... I'm not too sure about this one yet though...
You guys don't know but when it comes to movies, i'm pretty critical. I'll explain to you how. I hated Independance day, didn't like Troy, loved Pulp Fiction, liked Spiderman, loved the matrix, hated kill bill, hated terminator 3 etc. I'm pretty critical about movies but i always explain why i liked or disliked them in detail. Many times i'll get into an argument when i saw a movie i didn't like but other people loved.
My point is i have fine lines when it comes to judging films and I must say Alexander looks to be phenomenal and i really mean that.
One reason: I'm sure all of you saw Scarface. It was written by the same writer and i believe Al Pacino's performance was no short of an Oscar but who would give one for a gangster movie? In total, the movie was brilliant on so many different levels but i'm not here to discuss the movie. The point is the character of SCARFACE is in many ways a lot like Alexander's and I believe through what I've read that the new movie will get the same treatment as SCARFACE. I mean this by how the movie plays, by showing mostly how everything relates to the main character in his perspective instead of several others. Their character are similar that they start out insignificant (arguably), they're ruthless, they both have an ambitious rise to great power, and they both lose it all from internal problems caused by theis great empire they worked so hard to build. My opinion is there is no person on the planet more qualified than than Oliver Stone to write the screenplay for Alexander. Don't think i don't know anything about Alexander either, as a matter of fact i know modestly quite a lot of Alexander and his life as well as his father and after I had done a huge presentation on Alexander, I must say i'm extremely surprised tey haven't made a movie about him since 1956 (not including the battle of Issus movie). It's by far the greatest story in history in my opinion surpassing spartacus, troy, the crusades, mediavel times, William wallace, hannibal, augustus, cleopatra, the huns, the mongols, Robin Hood, King Arthur, etc.
I'll make a bet with you readers now as a matter of fact. If it's not better Braveheart, the modern champion movie of ancientl stories, and doesn't take the title as the best ancient history war movie ever, i will be the first to admit it without a doubt that i was wrong. That's how strong i feel that this movie will be nothing short of brilliant. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
i feel that this movie will be nothing short of brilliant. Thoughts?
I hope it is as good, as you think it may be.........

It does seem to look abit second rate compared to Troy, but Colin Farrell is a great actor and this is Oliver Stone were talking about.

Colin Farrell = hey look im irish which must make me a good actor and i swear alot so i must be that good, over rated rubbish that should burn in the deths of hell!

Change the cast a bit, rewrite the script a bit and this might be a good film.
Otherwise i can see this getting really hyped, then end up a big disapointment.

Woah, lets all calm down here. There's both really good and really bad elements going into the movie. i.e., I DESPISE anhelina jolie, but i enjoy oliver stone and colin ferrel. If i am going to dislike this movie its going to be because of that horribble trailer. Oh, and i'll take a look at who is doing the music. Thats a HUGE factor. Either way, thans for the trailer hell_bent.

Originally Posted by rjmcfc86
It does seem to look abit second rate compared to Troy, but Colin Farrell is a great actor and this is Oliver Stone were talking about.
You have to be kidding me. I'm not a person to insult anyone or press my opinion on them but shows how much you know about movies. I'm not saying Troy was a horrible movie. It wasn't. It's very hard to see a movie in theaters that's totally horrible (Kill Bill Vol. 2) but Troy was a movie that you could watch it knowing nothing about the the trojan war, and know walking out of the movie that there was more bul**** in it than a mason-dixon ranch. I wasn't even aware of how much bull**** there was in it till i did some research. Not only that, i personally felt the movie was pretty dull between the fighting and there were some parts that were so incredibly stupid, i was dumbfounded for words. I could bash the movie for atleast three page-worth's but I'm not gonna bore you with that. Having a ****load of men (which was innacurate) fighting eachother doesn't make for a good war movie the same as incredible special effects and troy will never be remembered as anything but a summer flick. I can assure you.
I'm not gonna predict, I'm going to guarantee it will be a far better movie than the "Troy Ploy" to say the least, still backing my prediction of the movie and my vow.

Oh, I just realized. I never responded to the trailer! I thought the teaser was good. A lot of people are saying there wasn't enough footage in it or enough main character's being shown or whatever. Personally, I thought it was a great teaser. It had more footage than most teasers and it didn't try to sell the movie as just an ancient war movie because that's only one of the many great elements of the entire story of Alexander. It appears by the trailer that Farrel is trying to portray Alexander as an emotional character which i believe can work incredibly well as long as the main element in his character is still to an extant ruthlessness. As for all the elements of the movie as a whole from the teaser, everything looks good. You can't tell anything really from the trailer so that's all i can really say.