Evil Dead Box Set!?

Tools    

Ok, I swear I saw an Evil Dead box set DVD. Does anyone know if there is or if I am mistaken. I am looking for a DVD set with all three films: Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness. Can anyone help!?

No, there is not a set of all three, or even two, of the Evil Dead flicks. There are various special editions of all three movies available on R1 DVD, the most elaborate packaging being for the first Evil Dead SE, which comes in a plastic reproduction of the Book of the Dead prop. It retails for $50, but a fan might find that a small price to pay.

If you want all three of 'em, you'll have to purchase them individually.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Awesome. Thanks, too bad there isn't a trilogy box set or something. Someone should put that out. Cool, thanks for the tip, I think I will go and get that DVD.

Thats BS. I could have swore I know where one is. ED is one of the best horror movie series of all time!!! My favorite is ED2: Dead By Dawn.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
My favorite one will always be Army of Darkness. I love the one liners in that movie. Dead by Dawn is also very very good. Also I will have to go against the lord of all knowlege Holden Pike in saying that there was once apon a time an Evil Dead box set. It has since been discontinued, and NOW you have to buy them seperately, but a boxed set did exist at some point.

Also if you for some reason need a box to put them in, here is the man to see:

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/

If you guys want to insist there is an Evil Dead DVD boxed set, go right ahead. I don't think there ever was, and even if there had been (there wasn't), it wouldn't have include the three SEs (released in 1999, 2000 and 2001 individually), so why bother with such a set if you're a fan?

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I won't push the subject, but there was a boxed set. Even if you were to locate such a boxed set, the DVDs wouldn't be half as good as those you can by now.

The point: Boxed set exists, but buy seperately anyway.

End of Debate.

Yup. So, what do you guys think of the mixture of comedy with the serious horror theme? And what do you all think about the home-made quality of the films? Did it add humor wise? Or do you think it took away from the film?

http://www.moviemail-online.co.uk/films/12373

It does exist and it is available in the UK.

Yep, its out on region 2, i own it. Its good, bonus 4th disc although i owned a different edition of Army Of Darkness which had two cuts of the film (with the future, and better ending) sadly these extra scenes are only viewable alone. Its limited edition as well, so may running out of stock
http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/display...1;-1&sku=63777
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ed.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	2888  

Play.com have the trilogy for £23/24.

In Tyler We Trust
If you guys saw a Evil Dead Gift Box did you pick it up and look at it? or just glance and said look its an evil dead gift box

I OWN THE BOXSET. The original and first sequel are exactly the same dvds available to buy anyway. Army of Darkness, i've seen lots of Region 1 copies but it has all the same stuff as my old copy on region 2 but only one cut of the film. On top of the normal dvds you get a bonus fourth disc. It exsists, is good, and isnt just a gift box FOO

i dont suppose any of u have seen the prequel to evil dead "within the woods" your collection is not complete without it

alright maybe not a prequel but the film they used to show they had the skills to make movies ,therefore gaining money from sponsors to make evil dead , still worth having a copy

Well in my opinion a true movie geek would feel the need to have them all just to say "Ha I have that..." and of course to expand your movie collection.

Pirates of The Carribean

Evil Dead 2 is quite possibly the best film ever made. Theres a limited collectors edition of each of the evil dead films thats in a tin case and really doesnt hold back on the extras. But I still havent seen the footage of the half faced zombie that ash disects with his axe in ED2. I have only seen photos. In the commentary bruce Campbell says this scene is lost but I hear that theres a japenese version that has it.