Cabin Fever

→ in
Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Cabin Fever - A movie review by "Monkeypunch"

Cabin Fever was in and out of theaters in about a week over halloween, but I can imagine that it is going to have a huge second life on video. It's one of those insane horror films that those of us with strange tastes in movies will love.

It starts off like you average teenage horror film, 5 kids go out to a cabin in the woods for a week of drinking, smoking weed, and casual sex, but that is where the similarities to other flicks of this genre end. They run into a weird hermit who is suffering from a very contagious skin disease, and instead of helping him find a doctor, they set him on fire so they won't catch it. He falls dead into their water supply, and one by one they all get sick, but the story doesn't stop there. Throw in a town full of crazed hillbillies, a vicious dog named Dr. Mambo, and some really black humor, and then you still won't be close to how twisted this movie is.

I really liked Cabin Fever. It is a B-Movie classic waiting to be discovered. My only comparison is to the original Evil Dead, a low-budget horror flick with falshes of brilliance. Writer/Director Eli Roth has a sick sense of humor and a keen eye for building up suspense, and I look forward to any future offerings by him. For a big laugh, watch The "family Friendly" version of the film on the DVD, as well as the "Chick Vision" option, where you get to watch all the scary parts through fingers superimposed onto the screen.

I give Cabin Fever (***) three stars.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I will agree with this review. I waited till DVD for thios one, but I found it to be a very entertaining teen horro film. The best thing about the movie is the unusual story line. It is not a typical horror film where girls with big boobs are running upstaris. It is a neat concept that will be a hit on video. I would atleast rent it. You might find out that it is your type of film.

Linkin Park Forums

Affordable and Reliable Web Designs and Hosting

Portfolio!!
www.MeteoraStudios.com
www.DigitalEinstein.com
www.LinkinParkForums.com

Tonight I am watching a few movies including Cabin Fever . I have seen it my theater a couple of times. It is so cool . I liked your review Monkeypunch.

I give Cabin Fever *** out of *** as well.

I am going by what she said, which is, It been done aready this is nothering new!and it is kind of boring and not interesting!
She gives it a thumb Down and bombes it!So that is my review or weather my sister's review!Who would know about the movie then I do because I don't watch horror movies!
See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

My life isn't written very well.
I've been here over a year now, and I'm still unsure about some "thread etiquette": Do I dare post my own review inside someone elses? Do I start my own thread with a review of a film already mixed among the boards? Well, until I figure that out, I'll just post a small DVD review of Cabin Fever right here:

Cabin Fever:

Some of you may watch Cabin Fever and wonder, as I did, "where have I seen this before?" The only answers I came up with myself are: Evil Dead, 28 Days Later and the little vignette inside the movie Creepshow--the one with Stephen King playing the town idiot who finds a meteor outside his farmhouse. For some of you any "man versus nature" movie will suffice your curiosity as to where this particular movie fits inside the recently over-stuffed genre. And that includes any zombie film that has ever been made!

But unlike some recent zombie films, Cabin Fever is well made. Of course, certain plot points should have been trimmed, better lighting might have enriched the sometimes hidden effects, and a good seamstress might have tidied-up some of the frayed ends inside the plot, but that said, Cabin Fever is one movie that will go into my "favorite horror movie" list. Here's why--and remember this name--Eli Roth.

Eli Roth is the director and producer of Cabin Fever. This is his first feature film, and although you can't call his movie a masterpiece, you can clearly see that Roth is sharpening his genius on a well-trodded formula: place teens in a deserted location, introduce a body-count meter disguised as a monster, watch all the pretty young things get eaten (or slashed, or possesed...or possesed then slashed!). But Cabin Fever isn't about possession. No, this time the nasty killer is a flesh eating virus that turns its hosts into the consistency of a "burnt marshmallow". Set this storyline inside a rural community which is home to characters from Deliverance and you have an apocalyptic tale of Romero-like proportions, complete with an ending straight out of Night of the Living Dead.

The thrill in this movie is watching a new director make good with what he has. He's taken a so-so screenplay and made it into a "skin-crawling" creeper that keeps you wanting more from beginning to end. Unlike recent chop-shop films like House of 1000 Corpses and Wrong Turn, Cabin Fever succeeds in parodizing a genre, by making it dramatic and unsettling at the same time.

After watching this film I was reminded of Peter Jackson and M. Night, and their first feature films. They had something to them...something you knew that one day they would make us want to watch more of what they had to offer. Roth has given me that feeling too.

Roth's next movie is called The Box; a psychological horror movie based on a story by Twilight Zone writer Richard Matheson.

Cabin Fever:

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Lets put a smile on that block
Saw this today and i must say it was absoloutly awful. The characters were pointless and presented in a way that as you watch the film you could.t care less about what happens to them. the story is eradic with no real sense of going anywhere and the ending just seemed to drag on and on. I got the feeling Roth was attempting a stab at a dark comedy with Cabin fever but it seriously did not accomplish this. I just found myself bored and waiting to see what the victims faces looked like, and when you finally did see them it was nothing special at all. Final Destination 2 was more gory than this film. Anyway enough rambling.

out of

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
This just came out on DVD in the UK and i saw it for the first time... gotta say i really liked it... pays some nice homage to the films that cam before it and brings a new up do date edge to the genre at the same time. If anyone else has seen the dvd and the interviews with Roth then i think they help you appreciate the movie a lot more... he has a real appreciation for the audience.

Good movie!!!

"if i had the words i would say... HOLY CRAP!!"

You ain't leadin nothin but two things right now... jack and sh*t... and jack left town"

i gotta give cabin fever 4/5 stars. the movie was just hilarious and the goriness rocked!

Cabin Fever is awful, how anybody can like this movie I don't know. This is just America's answer to 28 Days Later but with the added usual ingredients of teenagers stranded in the middle of no where.

I must admit though, I glanced upon it when I was in HMV the other day and then thought to myself, "why on earth are you even considering it?"
... I didn't buy it

Cabin Fever WAS entertaining, I gotta admit that, but then again I just love the "horror" genre. I don't know, it wasn't one of the best, and I hated, hated the ending. It's good enough to keep you watching though, unlike some horror movies that came out like "they" and "wrong turn"

Yeah, this flick is a good lower budget horror flick alternative to some of the bigger budgeted flicks that aren't half as good.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I wasnt very imressed with Cabin Fever although it did have some good parts but really it could of been allot better.