B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

There's lots of fun & interesting John Carpenter films that would be considered B movies. I almost nominated a little known Carpenter film myself, but then went with a sci fi from another director instead.

John Carpenter films IMDB
Bet you can't guess which one of his I almost nominated?

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Im down for this! and I have 2 perfect candidates! Just a quick question though; Do cult films qualify as B-movies? I suppose what im asking is if a film wasnt successful in the past (And would have been considered a B movie in the past) but now in the present it's developed a cult following would you consider it a Bmovie or would you say it's moved out into the world of much loved classics?

Im down for this! and I have 2 perfect candidates! Just a quick question though; Do cult films qualify as B-movies? I suppose what im asking is if a film wasnt successful in the past (And would have been considered a B movie in the past) but now in the present it's developed a cult following would you consider it a Bmovie or would you say it's moved out into the world of much loved classics?
No, I'd say it's a b movie thru and thru, man. PM your choice to keep the picks private for now and we'll be ready to rock soon enough. If you check the very 1st post here, it has all of the guidlelines..pretty simple. Glad you're here, man! Big, big fan of yours! I'll mark you down

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
No, I'd say it's a b movie thru and thru, man. PM your choice to keep the picks private for now and we'll be ready to rock soon enough. If you check the very 1st post here, it has all of the guidlelines..pretty simple. Glad you're here, man! Big, big fan of yours! I'll mark you down

Hey more than happy to be here man! and thanks! I look forward to seeing the results

There's lots of fun & interesting John Carpenter films that would be considered B movies. I almost nominated a little known Carpenter film myself, but then went with a sci fi from another director instead.

I'm gonna guess you almost nominated The Fog..my 2nd guess would be Dark Star...amiright?

I wanted to ask @Citizen Rules if he'd be into contributing some art work for this tournament..maybe with the reveal we can tag team that, and intermission stuff..whatever..creative gifs, customized alt posters, fun facts...any interest?

Alright, we're up to 9 members now.. @cat_sidhe, I know you said you were a little concerned about movie overload and being able to commit if it went past 8 (or maybe I said that for you? lol)...but if that's the case, remember: we can take our sweet time with this. There's zero rush. My work week is usually hell on wheels for hours so I plan to chip away at this slowly once my 4 day weekend is over.

Oh, and then there's that possibility of a temp ban when yoda gets back. That will definitely slow it down, too, haha, so...it's all good!

@Joel I do love B movies, and with a slow pace I should be alright.

And you should be alright, too. You'd have already been temp banned if it was coming.

I wanted to ask @Citizen Rules if he'd be into contributing some art work for this tournament..maybe with the reveal we can tag team that, and intermission stuff..whatever..creative gifs, customized alt posters, fun facts...any interest?
Sure I can help out, I'm not really a photoshop whiz or anything but we can put our heads together....hmmm that reminds me of a good B movie

Sure I can help out, I'm not really a photoshop whiz or anything but we can put our heads together....hmmm that reminds me of a good B movie
You know what would be cool is if we both picked a few imgs from the films featured here and went with each others alts and then somehow merged them as a comp to make it look super classy and allcontrasty with each poster for the film featured. That'd be a slick idea we could maybe entertain?...

I hope mine is considered b-movie quality. I tried to pick one that may not be known by a few ppl young than my generation. I had 5 and to me...they were great but low budget.

Sent a nom in too! cant wait to see what everyones picked. theres sure to be some absolute gold here
There is so far! I will say that I am happy that I got out of my own way with super specific guidelines because the loose, jazzy feel has some nice titles rolling in!

moviegal your pick is perfect..even better than your first pick..so far the noms are looking like a damn good time
Lol I know why you like it!

This gives me a chance to use my library card...I now live 2 blocks away from the library.