Snapshots of History.

Tools    

Ha!

Damn that's actually a tough one. The first evidence of the Yeti found on Mt Everest?
you beat me to it Orson.

Ha!

Damn that's actually a tough one. The first evidence of the Yeti found on Mt Everest?
Yeah, but I was hoping for year and the photographer!

During the 1951 Everest expedition, Eric Earle Shipton CBE used an ice pick to give the footprints in the snow at the Memluk Basin some scale. The footprints measure between 12 and 13 inches long.

The photographs came more than 25 years after photographer and member of the Royal Geographic Society N.A. Tombazi claimed to have made the first European sighting of the mythical beast.

During the 1951 Everest expedition, Eric Earle Shipton CBE used an ice pick to give the footprints in the snow at the Memluk Basin some scale. The footprints measure between 12 and 13 inches long.

The photographs came more than 25 years after photographer and member of the Royal Geographic Society N.A. Tombazi claimed to have made the first European sighting of the mythical beast.
I had heard about the first sighting of the Yeti but never knew all details. That is interesting.. thanks for posting it.

What Spookie said, goes for me... that's interesting!

I didn't realize that was the correct answer. My internet is screwed up, so I'll have to pass until it gets fixed. Hopefully soon! It's 10 times slower than normal I checked with a speedtest. So someone else can post one.

Can you name the place, year, the guy in the 'helmet' -and the quote he made famous?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Can you name the place, year, the guy in the 'helmet' -and the quote he made famous?
I think the quote was: "Mr. Kubrick, did I get it right this time?"
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.